TI & differntial backup

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Thrillseeka, Nov 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thrillseeka

Thrillseeka Registered Member

Hi,

I tested True Image 8 today and must say, I like it a much. The only big thing I´m missing, is the possibility of making differential backups !
    I used the search function but didn`t find any content about that and also the FAQ on the acronis Website does not say anything about making differential backups.

I would like to know, if it is planed to implementate this (really useful) feature and, if yes, when it will come.
    I know it is possible to make incremental backups, but I don`t want to use more than 2 images to restore my system (time is money :D )

I hope somone can help.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Thrillseeka,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/products/trueimage/).

Our Development Team will certainly include the ability to create differential backups in future versions of Acronis True Image.

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Andrew Berezovsky

3. Thrillseeka

Thrillseeka Registered Member

Thanks for your quick reply.
    Could you make any statement when this feature will come?

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Thrillseeka,

I cannot tell you the exact date when this feature will be available in Acronis True Image.

However, I want to let you know that there is no necessity to restore two or more images (depends on how many incrementals you have). After you select the image archive and press the "Next" button in the "Restore Image" wizard you will be suggested to choose the date (the date of full/incremental image creation) you want your disk/partition to be restored to. The restoration process requires only one step. Your disk/partition will be restored to the state it was when the full/incremental image you choose to restore was created.

Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.