TI Boot CD and restoring to SATA Drives

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jimshu1, Nov 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimshu1

jimshu1 Registered Member

I have no problem imaging or restoring to SATA or PATA drives from the Boot CD ***IF*** I disconnect my USB 2.0 memory stick. I can work with all partitions no matter what type of drive they are on.

The Boot CD won't load if the memory stick is installed. TI works fine in the WinXP environment with the USB memeory stick installed.

Ghost never liked the memory stick either!!! It's a PNY Attache' stick.

I don't know what this mean for you folks who have external USB HD's.

2. rharris270

rharris270 Guest

I have had good luck restrosing using the later builds of True Image 7 and all builds of True Image 8. I have dual Seagate 120 Gig SATA drives, with multiple partitions, assorted NTFS and FAT32. I also have an external USB 2.0 disk, which is where I usually put the images. My motherboard is an ASUS P4S8x, whihc has a Promise FastTrack 376 SAA contoller. I have no IDE disks. The SATA drives are configured as independent drives, not RAIDed together, although the contoller is, in fact, a RAID controller.

As for the problem you are having with the pen drive attached, I once had a similar problem on a Gateway. It would not even complete the BIOS checks, if specific USB hub was attached. However, if I attached the hub after the PC reached the windows desktop, it worked fine. I speculate that the hub was sucking just enough power to drop the voltage and upset the motherboard. This was after I added several internal PCI boards and a second internal hard drive. The hub may have been the proverbial straw on the camel's back, where the camel was my power supply.

3. jimshu1

jimshu1 Registered Member

Thanks for the info. Interesting, I wonder if it is just my type of memory stick? Doesn't really matter, no big thing!

4. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

TI (whether version 6, 7 or :cool: has never got on with my Conceptronic USB 2 external 6-in-1 memory card reader/writer (with or without memory cards inserted). Hence the reason I leave it disconnected until needed.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.