TI 9.x support LTO Drive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by KHEDP, Apr 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KHEDP

KHEDP Registered Member

I would like to know that TI 9.x Windows Server support SCSI LTO drive? If yes, then how to make image to that LTO drive?

Thanks In Advance

2. jeremyotten

jeremyotten Registered Member

Yes it is supported. Just putin Tape and make an image to it. Its that easy.

3. you-are

you-are Registered Member

make an image to it? cann't u just put the files and folders on the tape without making image?
    if i understand well, u first make an image (ISO or BIN?) with the files and folders which u want to back up, then u put the image file on the tape?

i have no experience with working with tapes....but if i want to make back-up of my 4TB data, then i need more space to make 4TB back-up on tape? is this always how it works with tapes? of how it works with Acronis?

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello KHEDP,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

Please note that as jeremyotten mentioned, Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Windows supports SCSI tape drives. It can store backups on the tape and restore data from the tape, store large backups to multiple tapes, and append incremental/differential changes to a tape with the existing archives.

Additional information about backing up to tape drive can be found in Chapter 3.8 "Backing up to tape drive" in the Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Windows User Guide.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.