TI 9 Weekly Full Backup Image File Name

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by rinconmike, Mar 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rinconmike

rinconmike Registered Member

I just starting using TI9 in liue of Ghost.

I want to do weekly Full Backups. I have the tasked scheduled.

In Ghost, it would make a new file name foe each weekly backup so I had the older backups and could delete when I want to. This allowed me to save a few weeks of backups.

With TI9, it appears that it just ovewrites the same file name on the weekly backup so I do not have the previous weeks.

Ghost just added a number to the file name.

Is there a way to do this with TI9?

thanks,

Mike

2. VolkerNadolski

VolkerNadolski Registered Member

For now your only chance is to use the pre/post commands. You can create a batch-file which automatically renames your backup file (ren org.tib %date%.tib). Acronis says that the feature will be implemented in a future version (but the exact timeframe is not decided yet)....

Greetings

Volker

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Mike,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure that you use the latest build (2337) of Acronis True Image 9.0 which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

As Volker said above, if you schedule a task of creating a full backup, every new backup will be overwriting the previous one, as they will have the same file name. To avoid this, you can use a batch file.

The batch file renames a specified file, so that a new file with the same name would not overwrite it. If you have scheduled a task that regularly creates a full backup, you may use Acronis True Image pre/post commands or Windows Scheduled Task Wizard to run this batch file before or after the backup process.

Please do the following in order to use the batch file :

- Download http://download.acronis.com/support/rename_backup.bat file;
    - Edit the file in Notepad or another word processor;
    - Follow the instructions provided in the file to modify its contents according to the parameters of the task you scheduled in Acronis True Image;
    - Use Acronis True Image pre/post commands or Windows Scheduler Task Manager (in Windows XP: Control Panel -> Scheduled Tasks -> Add Scheduled Task) to run the batch file before the backup process starts or after it is finished (thus, either renaming the previous backup or the newly created one).

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

4. tosbsas

tosbsas Registered Member

Question: I want to do that too - but when I set it up I get as option incremantal backup - will it make a full backup the first time??

Ruben

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Ruben,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Yes, Acronis True Image will create a full backup the first time in case you have not created it earlier before scheduling an incremental.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

6. tosbsas

tosbsas Registered Member

thanks I like it better every day

Ruben

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.