TI 9 Question

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by MPSAN, Sep 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MPSAN

MPSAN Registered Member

So, if TI9 will be out in a few months, is there an upgrade price yet? I see the TI8 price getting Lower and Lower, but if TI9 will be out soon, will it cost to upgrade? If so, would it make sense to wait? I see a RETAIL version at $24.99 now in Fry's!

2. MPSAN

MPSAN Registered Member

So, I guess I am not going to get an answer. Anyone know how much the TI7 to TI8 upgrade was? Anyone know if there is a period where they will upgrade TI8 to TI9 free if TI8 was just purchased?

3. Dazed_and_Confused

Dazed_and_Confused Registered Member

Good question. I just purchased TI8 as well. Could not wait (or did not want to take the risk of waiting).

4. oldad

oldad Registered Member

My upgrade TI7 to TI8 in July ...$24.95

5. Defenestration

Defenestration Registered Member

Upgrade is normally 40% off price listed on Acronis website.

6. Dazed_and_Confused

Dazed_and_Confused Registered Member

Ouch! :eek: I paid just $5 more for TI8.

7. MPSAN

MPSAN Registered Member

Yeah, I paid $23.90...and it was full version in Box. Well, we can keep using 8 'til the bugs in 9 are out and it is not like 8 is not working.

8. MPSAN

MPSAN Registered Member

I do notice that "Support" is ignoring this thread! :D

9. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

With regards to your questions, our upgrade policy is to provide free upgrades to (a) customers who purchased the software 30 days prior to the release of a new version, and/or (b) customers who have purchased software maintenance or a site license that includes software maintenance. We realize that the 30 day cut-off appears to be arbitrary, but it is keeping with the procedures of other established software companies. If we had a 90 day cut-off, somebody who purchased the product 91 days before hand who would ask us to upgrade or that s/he would not have bought the product had they known to wait just one more day. At some point we have to draw a line and move on to working on the next version.

Please also note that unfortunately I can not provide you with any information on pricing for the upcoming release (including the price for upgrade to version 9.0).

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

10. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello MPSAN,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please be aware that I'm not ignoring this thread. By the way, as well as any other one. I'm really trying to do my best in order to pay attention to all the threads that are appearing on this forum and require Support interference.

The point is that I have rather complicated schedule, so sometimes I just do not have the opportunity to answer your questions everyday. Moreover, I got ill on the last weekend and thus missed one working shift.

I will highly appreciate your consideration on this matter.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

11. Defenestration

Is this software maintenance the same as "Extended Download Service" offered at the time of purchase ?

If so, then I'm a bit miffed because I assumed this just allowed you to download the same version of the software for a period of two years after the purchase, and would have purchased this had I known I would get free updates for 2 years. Since this was not made clear, can I now purchase this software maintenance now, but with the start back-dated to the time of my original purchase ?

If it's not the same, how do you go about purchasing software maintenance, since there was never any option given to purchase this ?

12. MPSAN

MPSAN Registered Member

No problem, and I hope you are feeling better now.

13. MPSAN

MPSAN Registered Member

This brings up another point. If we choose to not upgrade to TI9, does that mean that the TI8 updates stop? If not, how long do you continue TI8 updates?

14. sandokan

sandokan Registered Member

Once a new version is out there won't be any updates for the previous one. Do you see any updates for v7? Version 9 will be the update as well as the upgrade. If TI8 is working just fine, there is no reason for anyone to upgrade, unless the feature set of v9 brings great new things to the table.

15. MPSAN

MPSAN Registered Member

I am almost sorry I started this thread. :D

I only asked about this as other people just bought TI8 as well. It is available for download at <$30 so an Update of $25 for TI9 seems like a lot for a Month or two's use. I agree about not going to TI9 unless it has features you must have, but to not get Linux drivers added to TI8 any more just weeks after buying is not cool either.

Great Software...just surprised that upgrade costs as much as what a new customer can d/l it for.

16. arf1410

arf1410 Registered Member

Any better idea when TI 9.0 would be out? I had originally heard September...

Obviously, fully integrated DVD support, which I'm sure would be included, is going to be a plus...

17. MPSAN

MPSAN Registered Member

I have an external 250GB USB drive. I can't imagine moving an image to 10 DVD's being a plus.

18. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, arf1410

Is that a Fact or wishful Optimism. :)

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

19. TheQuest

Hi, MPSAN

Yes is best to wait for Upgrades [ie #9] while your getting updates to the current #8 version it cost no money, if people keep asking about the next version it might come sooner then it need be, if you understand what I mean. ;)

Take Care,

20. arf1410

arf1410 Registered Member

The DVD comment was wishful optimism - from reading this forum, it seems like many people want it, and it should be easy to ad...

21. TheQuest

Hi, arf1410

Easy! Realy? you are jesting? :D , I am one of those who has been waiting since Ti#6.

Take Care,

22. MPSAN

MPSAN Registered Member

...or, "Don't kick a sleeping dog"? :D

23. edbro

edbro Registered Member

Ver 9 is on the main page. Upgrade price is $29.99, which is more than I paid for the full version of TI8

24. edbro

edbro Registered Member

PS. I just read the user manual for ver 9 and there does not seem to be an ability to create bootable restore CDs or DVDs. I might have missed it though.

25. Defenestration

Am I the only one who is a bit disappointed at the new features in TI 9. Apart from exclude files, I'm not really that interested in the other features.

A pointless feature is the "Windows System Restore management wizard". From what I gather, this allows you to disable System Restore - Pointless.

Doesn't look like Acronis is listening to their user base, instead choosing to add the features they think is necessary.

Either that, or maybve it is just me :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.