TI 9 home with Logitech diNovo mouse

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bodgy, Apr 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

I've just tried out the new boot CD and have struck a problem which wasn't there with v9.2337.

The diNovo mouse is USB bluetooth. On boot the mouse works as normal at the first menu of the CD. However if TI full version is selected, the mouse works backwards and only with an up/down movement - no 'X' axis movement allowed.

So - moving the mouse upwards brings the cursor down and vice verca. No sideways movement is possible.

Keyboards (also bluetooth) works fine. Haven't tried it out on DD or OSS menus yet.

Colin

2. kipaEnt

kipaEnt Registered Member

Re: TI 9.1.3567 Logitech wireless mouse

I have exactly the same problem with mouse action as you describe.
    Note that I am running the Corporate version 9.1.3567.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Re: TI 9.1.3567 Logitech wireless mouse

Hello Colin and kipaEnt,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please try the following workaround:

- Boot the computer from Acronis True Image bootable rescue disc (Full version);
    - Hit F11 key when the selection screen appears;
    - After you get the "Linux Kernel Settings" prompt, please add "usbmouse=off" parameter (without quotes) to the end of the Linux kernel command line (so it will be "quiet usbmouse=off");
    - Click OK button.

Please also make sure that the USB Legacy support option in BIOS is disabled.

If this does not help then please create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post and submit a request for technical support. Attach the collected information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

4. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Unfortunately, I can't get F11 to work - might be my keyboard.

Anyhow I've narrowed the problem down a bit.

Mouse works fine on main selection menu.

Mouse works fine if TI Safe version is chosen.

Mouse misbehaves if TI Full is chosen.

Mouse works fine if DD Safe version is chosen.

Major failure if DD Full is chosen; Error message 'Cannot find Linux Kernel - press enter key to reboot' , pressing enter key does not reboot.

OSS activator and Setup - mouse works fine.

I'll be sending this info plus sysinfo.txt to support later on.

Colin

5. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Hmm, unfortunately as I don't seem able to get F11 to work, I can't whip up a sysinfo.txt :(

I'll hint around for a spare PS2 keyboard.

Colin

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Colin,

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

First of all, please download and install the latest build (3567) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

Please create new Bootable Rescue CD after installing the update, boot your PC from this CD and see if the problem still persists.

If the problem still persists with Bootable Rescue CD created using the latest build (3567) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home then please provide us with the following information:

- Create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

- Let us know the exact vendors and models of both your USB mouse and keyboard.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

7. WaKue_Fan

WaKue_Fan Registered Member

Similar problem for me:

After installation of TI 9.0 Home 3.567 I created the new version of the Bootable Rescue CD.

- Logitech Cordless Optical Mouse (via USB)
    - In full and safe version:
    Cursor freeze on the initial selection screen (for selection of full or safe version);
    beginning with the next screens only an up/down movement of the cursor is possible when moving the mouse
    (same problem as in the version before)
    - With F11 / usbmouse=off:
    the cursor behaved normally after the initial selection screen; after some (2 or 3) screens the cursor is freezing.

- With PS/2 Mouse everything is running fine.
    - Also with BartPE no problems

In so far I have 2 workarounds available (and therefore no intention of deeper investigation from my side).

Nevertheless I remember an announcement some time ago that the problems with Logitech mice will be resolved for the next release. Logitech is certainly one of the most common mouse producers and cordless mice are very widely spread. For me it is difficult to understand that the related (and well known) problems are not fixed since many months.

Best regards
    WaKue_Fan

8. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Update - the F11 usbmouse=off works for me.

F11 cannot be accessed using the Logitech wireless keyboard, only by a PS2 one.

Still sorting out with Acronis the Linux kernel problem from the DD menu selection.

Colin

9. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

I have finally managed to get the work-around to work. F11 and the usbmouse=off parameter solves the mouse problem.

The other problem of not being able to boot DD10 using the rescueCD made by TI9 v3567 has been solved by downloading the latest version of DD10 and using that to build a rescueCD (it now includes TI9 options).

Colin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.