TI 9 Home Secure Zone

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by BoobertGrape, Apr 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BoobertGrape

BoobertGrape Registered Member

I have searched the posts and cannot find any like my problem:

Cannot resize (increase) Acronis Secure zone.

System: 64Bit WinXP Pro CPU:Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66GHZ 4Gb Ram
    Drives: C: NTFS 57GB Free F: NTFS 523GB free less ASZ of 174.7GB
    Previousley had Ver 7 (free edition) - was well aquainted & happy with it. That's why I bought Home version 9
    I purchased (Boxed edition) & registered Acronis TI Home 9 on Mar. 21 2009. Install & Updated to ver 9709. All went smooth and I did a number of BU's initially useing my F: HD with huge storage available - no problems.

I downloaded TrueImage2009_ug.en.pdf from Acronis web site to answer some simple questions not found in the programs help file.
    At this point I decided to use the ASZ to be able to use the boot TI 9 - F11 key, Try & Decide feature as well as have the BU files on a partition made by TI 9 that would be hidden.

Initial ASZ partion install told me 60GB, I changed it to 94GB - the figure provide to me by the program. All went well and for 3 weeks have done BU's (to ASZ) with no problems. I decided to increase it to 255MB to accomidate approx. 4 sets of BU's for drives C: (System, shadow copies + programs) and F: programs + misc.

I start TI 9 >> Protection Tools >> Manage ASZ >> increase size >> check which drive (F:) I want to use, program says processing.
    I have used both the slider to increase size and by typing in the size to 255GB (ends up showing 255.3 GB) - click next, program says processing again but the size does not change. The Before/after does not change.

Should I resize from the Boot F11 option? Should this process be run from safe mode? Am I reading the instructions wrong? o_O

Thanks All

2. BoobertGrape

Bump .....

3. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

You had me a bit confused but I think I have the answer.
    You created the secure zone under Version 9. You now have the 9709 build of Version 2009 on your computer.

In all previous versions the secure zone survives from one version and build to another.
    However Version 2009 build 9709 has made a whole lot of changes since Version 9 and there is a good chance that the new version cannot manipulate a V9 zone.

My suggestion is to use the manage zone wizard to delete the zone and start over. If this does not work you could do it from your old V9 rescue CD which should still recognise it.

Xpilot

4. BoobertGrape

WOW ! Xpilot - that makes sense. I'll give it a try and post back.

May the computer gods bless you with many little bits (or bytes)

:)

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello BoobertGrape,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis True Image

The source of the issue can be bad blocks or file system errors. In order to check it run chkdsk utility:

- Go to the Command Prompt (Start -> Run -> cmd)
    - Enter the command: "chkdsk DISK: /r" (where DISK is the partition letter you need to check) for every partition that is visible in My Computer. Please note, that checking the C: drive may require you to reboot the machine.

Have you tried to use Acronis bootable disc? What are the results?

Try to recreate Acronis Secure Zone. Removing Acronis Secure Zone automatically:
    - Start Acronis True Image, start the Manage Acronis Secure Zone wizard and select Remove Acronis Secure Zone.

Removing Acronis Secure Zone manually:
    - Fix/restore the Windows Boot Loader if Acronis Startup Recovery Manager is activated
    - Delete the Acronis Secure Zone partition (by means of Windows Disk Management, for example)

If the issue persists can you please attach the following diagnostic information:

Download Acronis Report utility available at http://download.acronis.com/support/AcronisReport.exe and run it. Please compress the Acronis Report output file into an archive (e.g. with WinZip) and attach to your message by browsing for the archive. This would provide us with detailed information on the hard disk partition structure.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.