TI-9 backup will not start

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by chuckburmester, May 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chuckburmester

chuckburmester Registered Member

Hello, I have TI-9 build 3854, I was on a previos version and had the same problem, when I start a backup to an external usb hard drive, the backup starts and stalls at 0%. The last entry in the log is locking the drive and it just sits there at 0%, never writes anything to the drive. I can read and create folders on the drive fine. I have tried 2 different external drives.
    I have 4 computers that I use TI on and have never had any problems before
    I am at a loss as to what to try next. Reinstall? I just did an upgrade to build 3854 and it didn't help. Any ideas?
    thanks is advance, Chuck

2. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

Try booting into the TI Rescue CD before performing the backup.

Others have also found some success by
    1. Plugging directly into usb ports on rear of case.
    2. Do not use a usb hub.
    3. Different or shortest usb cable possible.

3. chuckburmester

Thanks, I will give it a try with the rescue cd. The computer is a laptop and I am plugged into the usb port on the laptop itself. I will give it a try and get back with you. Thanks, Chuck

4. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Do a chkdsk X: /f on all your partitions. Substitute the drive letter of the partition being tested for the X in the command. A reboot for C will likely be necessary.

This will ensure the disk structure is OK and an error is not possibly confusing TI. Normally, I would suggest /r instead of /f but I don't think you need the additional readcheck of all unused sectors for attempting to resolve this problem. If you have lots of time you can do the /r instead of /f.

5. chuckburmester

Ok, I ran a backup from the rescue cd and it worked fine. Now I am trying a backup from within windows and it is sitting at operation started and stays at 0%

The chkdsk/f do I do that at the cmd prompt? The external drive that I am backing up to is a freshly formatted NTFS, not a quick format.

thanks, Chuck

6. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Open a cmd window and run it from there. Report will be in the Event Viewer.

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello chuckburmester,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

Use the following KB article to update Acronis drivers, download SnapAPI drivers, reboot computer and see if the issue persists.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

8. chuckburmester

Sorry I have not gotten back for a few days but I decided to reinstall XP and am in the process of installing all of my programs. I will try a backup sometime today and will report back. Thanks for everyones help. Chuck

9. chuckburmester

After reinstalling XP on a freshly formatted drive, running chkdsk /r on the external drive that I am trying to back up to still no go. But after installing the driver update, the backup runs as expected. Thank you all for your help.

Chuck Burmester

10. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Chuck,

Thank you for your response.

We are really glad to hear that the issue has been resolved.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.