TI 9 #3677 - more problems

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by oceans777, Jul 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oceans777

oceans777 Registered Member

Just to add four hours of pointless wasted time on to what should have been a five minute backup of my C partition on my HP m7170n before a reload, I downloaded and installed update #3677. Because - you know - it now works with DVD discs, hooray.

Removed the previous version - 2337 and installed 3677, tried to back up the small C partition on my XP Pro machine using Backup - entire disc etc, usual steps. Backing up to the same USB Maxtor external drive I have been using in v 2337.
    TI starts the backup and then - nothing. Just sits at zero percent complete.
    Log shows last entry of is locking the C partition but then stuck and nothing actually runs.
    Tried D partition and even individual files - nothing.
    Tried the forum tech support patent answers of ACPI, logging off, etc - nothing.
    Set options to not backup system, temp, hidden files - nothing.
    Moved the paging file to D partiton, ensured no other non-XP services\apps running, no anti-virus or firewall (no threads for either) - nothing.

Well at least I can use DVD's now -
    Tried to use various DVD's after another hour reading through forums to find out what actually does and does not work - most does not obviously - used the same DVD's some got to work - mine failed.
    Hopefully some day, some release future etc advises Acronis - after sending me email announcing the exciting new DVD feature!

Uninstalled after hours of wasted time and put 2337 back on - ran the backup to my USB Maxtor drive with no problem. Nothing changed, did numerous clean installs of both other versions, checked and removed all prior Acronis entries\files before giving up on both and going back to 2337. No problem on the Maxtor and no change to it between versions other than it growing bored and older.

2337 is the ONLY version that has ever worked on my PC's and it is not consistent or reliable.

I have never, in forty years of buying and using software - felt more ripped off than I have by Acronis. Every single release has been a time-consuming, frustrating battle with bugs and failures and requires more time spent looking for solutions to even basic operation on the forums than the entire reformat and reload of the OS takes.

Acronis clearly feels it is perfectly reasonable to expect customers to spend HOURS dissecting bugs and problems for what should be a ten-minute backup.

Tech support offers the same impotent mantra of ACPI, logging and send us your sysinfo but fails to provide the features claimed (DVD) or even stable, reliable software.

You'll delete this of course but if I had the time and resources, I would sue you for failing to provide anything close to the advertised product. As it is I'll settle for letting everyone I can know how awful your software is.

Good riddance.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2006
  2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello oceans777,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please install the below update with disabled logging and see whether the problem persists.

http://www.acronis.com/files/support/SnapAPI_l_s_e.exe

If the problem does persist, please enable logging by running the update once more, reproduce the program failure and send the c:\snapapi.log file to support@acronis.com along with the Acronis Report and a link to this thread (please see https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=55317 for the instructions on how to get the report). This will allow us to investigate the problem.

Thank you.
    --
    Fedor Kurbatov

3. shieber

shieber Registered Member

lol, speaking of fodder for law suits. . .

4. oceans777

oceans777 Registered Member

Update installed - on launching TI 3677 after disabled logging this error comes up:

"E000101F4: Acronis True Image Home Has Not Found Any Hard Disk Drives."

Tried to re-enable logging, after rebooting and tring to luanch TI again it crashes with an exception and I get a message that it terminated in an unusual way.

Again, tried multiple uninstalls, clean installs, versions 3633, 3677.

Same exact errors each time.

5. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Off-topic post removed - this is the Acronis support forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.