TI 9.2277 - "login information is not correct"

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by BarryM, Oct 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BarryM

BarryM Guest

I updated today to 9.2277 today from 9.2273, on a standalone (i.e., not networked) WinXPHome/sp2 system. There is only one user on the system (me) and I have administrator rights.

When I try to schedule daily incremental images, I cannot do so -- IF the full-disk image I want to use as a "base" is password-protected. If it is NOT password-protected, I CAN schedule the task and it executes automatically without a problem, as it did today (with both 9.2273 and 9.2277).

However with password-protected images ... when I get to the "Schedule Task Wizard - Select the user name and password" screen, I see my default user name ("Barry" as shown in XP's User Accounts) in the first field, then I (carefully) add the password in the next field and verify it in the third field. At that point this error message pops up:

"The login information is not correct.
    Are you sure you want to continue with this task?"

Naturally, answering "no" means the task won't run on schedule.

I KNOW the password is correct (I can mount/plug the base image with it to view it), and I have tried the logon name "Barry" and "DESKTOP\Barry" and I still get this error message.

It APPEARS to be a problem with the user name. How do I verify the name that TrueImage needs to use? Or are there other factors involved here that I should check out?

Thanks!

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello BarryM,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software and for all the provided information.

Could you please clarify the following details?

- What do you mean by password protected backups? Are you talking about the user name and password that you should enter when scheduling a task or do you mean the password protection that can be set in the image creation options?

- Try to schedule any task using Windows scheduler and enter the user name as it is shown there (e.g. screen shot attached to this previous post of mine). Inform me about the results.

- Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

3. BarryM

BarryM Guest

I mean the original, full-disk backup was password protected during its creation. I also used this password when trying to schedule incremental daily backups based on that full-disk image. See next questions, below.

I see "DESKTOP\Barry" as the user name in the Windows Scheduled Task Wizard. As you can see from the previous paragraph, I tried using that user name and it did not work. The password is a simple one, and I know it works because I can "plug" the full-disk image with it.

I made a full-disk image with 9.2277 and password-protected it. The process went smoothly, and the image is useable (I can "see" inside it if I "plug" the image).

Then I clicked the "Create and Schedule" button in the Active Tasks panel. I followed the prompts and chose the "entire disk contents" as backup type, the partition (NTFS C:), and the full-disk image ("MyBackup.tib"). Then I chose "Create incremental backup."

The next dialog noted that the image is password-protected; I entered the same password I used when I made the full-disk image. I chose "Use default options," skipped the comments dialog, then chose "Daily," set the time and checked the box ("If computer was turned off..."), then "Every Day."

In the next dialog, I see "DESKTOP\Barry" as my user name, and I accepted it and tabbed to the next fields to enter the password I used to make the full-disk backup. The error message appears. (I even tried just using "Barry" with the same negative result.)

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello BarryM,

Providing such a detailed information is very much appreciated.

Please be aware that in order to schedule a task you should use the same password that you use to log into your Windows account, but not the password that you used to protect the image.

Let me know if the problem still persists.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

5. Arline

Arline Guest

October 6, 2005

I have the exact problem and have been trying for over 2 hours to get an incremental backup going and am having no success. I get the same message that the login information is incorrect. Is there a way to delete whatever was entered initially and go forth w/a new password?

6. BarryM

BarryM Guest

I do NOT logon to my "Windows account". As I mentioned, this is a single-user system that has never needed a logon or password. I have Admin status.

The problem persisted, so last week I uninstalled version 9 and reinstalled version 8 (with all updates). Works fine, but it's a shame since I wanted the incremental backup feature in v9. Oh well, maybe I'll give v9 another try in a few months.

Thanks for trying, though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.