TI 9 2273 performs poorly for my installation

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by oly5, Oct 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oly5

oly5 Registered Member

Upgraded to TI 9, and now trying version 2273.

TI 9 full image of the windows partition takes 31 minutes.
    Recovery says 2 hours but the image is corrupt.

TI 8 full image of the windows partition takes 9 minutes
    Recovery takes 12 minutes and works.

Version 9 has been nothing but failure and poor results. Corrupt images renders it unusable. This installation is too important to trust to such a poor performer.

How do I get my money refunded? I do not want to be part this apparent beta type environment.

Very dissatisfied with True Image version 9.

John

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello John,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

I'm really sorry for all the inconveniences caused by such a behaviour of Acronis software.

Please note that the problem with the slow image creation time is already known and will be fixed in the near builds of Acronis True Image 9.0.

The problem with creating the "corrupt" backups has also been forwarded to our Development Team and will be fixed in the near future.

You can read more about Acronis refund policy here.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

3. schmatt

schmatt Registered Member

I have had similar problems. Version 8.0 worked fine for me, but when I saw v9.0 with new features I thought "this is a great upgrade!" Wrong. I've tried imaging my c:\ drive to an external USB drive (same one I've been using with v8.0) three times. After about 6 or 7 hours (a couple hours longer than v8 ) it would report the drive had bad sectors, had errors, or something similar and would then fail. To top it off, there was always a file on my external drive, but it had errors and was not mountable.

I checked both my PC and my external drive for errors and found none. I finally decided to uninstall v9, reinstall v8, and give it another shot. Everything worked like a charm with v8. No complaints, no failures, only a reliable 35GB disk image after approximately 4 hours.

Too bad v9 is so buggy because I would love to get rid of the other software I use (for incremental backups of certain critical files and directories) and handle it all with TrueImage. I guess I'll just have to wait it out until Acronis gets the bugs out of v9 so that it works right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.