TI 9 2270 exclude files

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Yamaki, Oct 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yamaki

Yamaki Registered Member

I've added pagefile.sys to the 'Exclude files matching the following criteria' list and selected this option.
    When I plug in the fresh made image and explore its contents, the pagefile.sys is still in the image with its full size.
    The size of the image is ~the same size as my TI7 image, which has no file exlusion.
    Reason for the upgrade to TI9 was reduction of the image by excluding this file.

Solution?

2. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

I seem to recall that TI8 introduced the unconditional exclusion of the pagefile. Assuming they carried this functionality through to V9, then I would not expect any difference between an image which automatically excludes this file, and one which is told to exclude it.

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi Yamaki,

I cann't speak for TI9 but, in order to save space, TI 8 doesn't actually copy the contents of the Page File and Hibernation File into an image but will merely include placeholders representing their size. If you subsequently mount and explore the image TI will reconstruct these two files, albeit they will only be filled with zeros. The same applies when you restore the image.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.