TI 9 /10 and images made with TI 8

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Nordlicht, Oct 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nordlicht

Nordlicht Registered Member

Hi...

I've created "Basic-Images" with TI 8. These images I've made after setup my sytem.

Can I use these images with TI 9 or TI 10 ? What happens, if I open these "old" images with an actuell version of TI ?

Nordlicht

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

TI9 was backwards compatible with older images so I am guessing TI10 is too. They changed the "engine" and file format part way through TI9 (at build 3567) and it is able to read the earlier files.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Nordlicht,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

I would like to confirm seekforever's reply, namely, images created using "old" build (2337 and earlier)/version of Acronis True Image should validate/restore fine using the new build/version, while images created using the builds (3567 and higer) or version 10.0 of Acronis True Image Home might not validate/restore using the old builds. This also applies to Acronis True Image Bootable CD, namely, you can use Bootable CD created with the "new" builds to restore the image archives created with the "old" builds but not backward.

Therefore, we recommend that you create a new Acronis True Image Bootable Rescue Media using the latest build of the appropriate version of Acronis True Image Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.