TI 9.1 workstation - what a rubbish they sell ?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by gertrud09, Feb 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gertrud09

gertrud09 Registered Member

For some time I run TI-8_home on my windows2000 installation in the office and was quite satisfied how the software works.

When I noticed, that my wonderful TI8-images are useful only if the hardware remaines the same and that a sudden hardware failure has the potential to make all those efforts useless, I decided to go upgrade to TI 9.1 workstation.

So I'm not interested in all this remote installation and console stuff but only in a plain single PC installation as there is simply no other way to protect my system as to buy the workstation version (for unknown reason there is no option to add universal restore to the home versions)

After a while I found the hint, that there is no upgrade path from 8-home to 9.1-workstation and so I bought a completely new version and added universal restore to the basket.

But the trouble started immediatly after start of the installation process !
    After I while I understood, that I have to install a license server ! But the installation did not proceed because the system does not find the server !
    And no information what to do. Of course there is a hint to the "license server user guide" but this hint is a joke because it is useless.

I must say, that usually I throw away software that creates problems already during installation ! What can I expect from such a tool in later phases of use?

There is no information on the product web-site about any restrictions to run TI 9.1 workstation on a single PC !

I'm pretty sure that I will return this rubbish to my dealer if there is no acceptable solution for this problem (fortunately I purchased from an online-dealer so I can benefit from the return rights here in germany).
    At present I got the impression that the customer is draged into a purchase without sufficient information and wrong promises about the real requirements
    (I had the demo version installed on a different machine and there was no hint to a potential license server problem !!)

During a forum search I found a few reports about a similar problem with license server but no real solution.

Send a request for help to the support but no reaction at all after 2 days - so I decided to write this report to the forum.

Perhaps some help is available from the forum !?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.