TI 9.1 workstation, create bootable image

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by zezami, Sep 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zezami

zezami Registered Member

In the description it says:
    Create CDs with bootable images, PXE packages, and bootable recovery media ISOs — Eliminate the need to have separate recovery media and provide flexibility for application management

"Create CDs with bootable images" <- does that mean that i can create a .tib image of my hardrive, put it on a bootable cd through acronis and then use it to restore my computer with a single cd/dvd disc?

if so where in acronis do i find this feature? inly bootable media thing i can find is the one to create a bootable media rescue disc, but with that one i cannot put the tib archive on the same disc

2. Christian

Christian Registered Member

if you perform the backup with TI installed on you PC choose a removable media to backup to, e.g. you DVD-Drive. Using the Backup-Wizard proceed the choose 'Backup Options' -> switch to 'set options manually' -> next window -> go down to 'media components' -> on the 'General Tab' on the right choose TI to be added to the media. The 1st CD or DVD will boot TI and you can start restoring your image.

HTH
    Christian

BTW: sadly this doesn't work if you use the RescueMediaDisk )-:

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello zezami,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Workstation Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Please note that as Christian when backing up to removable media (CD or DVD discs) using Acronis True Image you can make this media bootable by writing to it additional components. Thus, you will not need a separate rescue disk. You can place Acronis One-Click Restore or standalone version of Acronis True Image on the media. You can find the detailed instructions in Chapter 6.3.9 "Media components" in the Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation User's Guide.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.