TI 9.1 Rescue Media asks for License server

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jdoose, May 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdoose

jdoose Registered Member

Hi everybody,

I have created a bootable cd with the rescue media builder of Acronis True Image Workstation 9.1.

When I boot up the computer with the created cd to create an image of the local computer it asks for the license server.
    This license server is installed on the local computer I am just booting. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Jens

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jdoose,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Workstation Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please be aware that Acronis License Server is only accessable when the computer it's installed on is booted into Windows.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

3. jdoose

jdoose Registered Member

Hello Marat Setdikov,

thanks for your response.

I am a little bit confused:
    I am using Acronis True Image Workstation 9.1, is that equivalent to
    Acronis Remote Workstation Disk Backup Software?

I would like to know how I am supposed to create a backup if I have just
    one computer and I would like to use the boot CD?

Thanks in advance,

Jens Doose

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jdoose,

Yes, "Acronis Remote Workstation Disk Backup Software" in the greeting part of the post refers to Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation.

Would like to mention that there is no need to boot the computer from Acronis True Image Bootable Rescue CD to back up it. Acronis True Image utilizes a unique technology that allows creation of a disk\partition images on the live system without the need to reboot the computer. Please take a look at this previous post describing the image creation technology in details. Also this article explaining in detail how Acronis True Image creates backups when it is running from under Windows might be useful.

The main purpose of Acronis True Image Bootable Rescue CD is to give you the ability to boot the standalone mode of Acronis True Image to restore the system should a disaster happen and system becomes unbootable.
    To get access to the restore option when using Acronis True Image Bootable Rescue CD on the system where Acronis License Server is installed, please hit "Cancel" button on the window, which offers you to select the License Server.

If you still wish to have the ability to use Acronis True Image with License Server to back up standalone computer using Acronis True Image Bootable CD, please contact Acronis Sales Department to discuss this option.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.