TI 9.0 Safe Mode boot good Full mode bad

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by NewScience, Nov 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewScience

NewScience Registered Member

I have a dual boot system W2K SP4 and Windows XP SP2 (all patched up-to-date).

Hard Disk:
    Have installed Startup Recovery Manager, but each time I try using Acronis Secure Zone, I get the Acronis Loader icon in upper left corner, and Loading please wait message. The cursor keeps blinking, then after a while the cursor appears direct center, and then reboots.

Have tried the acpi=off noapic usbmouse=off and even removed the quiet option on the F11 screen. Nada!

CD Disk:
    Same problem when using Full mode. Safe Mode works fine.

From within Windows (both):
    TI works fine.

When I turn the 'quiet' option off, I get a stream of echo statements from Linux. I have many years experience in Unix, Linux and Windows and would like to review the output.

However, the output is too much for the screen. Is there an option to log this information. I've tried Pause button, Ctrl S, ... everything and I can't get the output to pause.

I've never been able to get the USB mouse to work with TI (except from within Windows), but I understand about mouse.com not supporting USB.

Why can't Linux hook up to the USB mouse, it must be able to since Linux OS can have USB drivers support for the mouse.

Anyway, why can't I use Full mode (which I understand is Linux), and how can I determine what Linux is having problems with.

I don't have anything fancy on this system. Maxtor and Western Digital IDE drives on Primary/Secondary Ide Controller 1. HP CD/DVD drive on Primary IDE Controller 1.

Belkin PCI USB card (which I try to prevent using with the usbmouse=no option).

Jaton PCI 107 8MB Video Card.

128 MB Ram.

2. NewScience

NewScience Registered Member

Is there going to be any reply to this .... why cannot I use Full Mode dealing with Acronis Security Zone.?

3. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

Have you tried reviewing the output trace using Shift+PgUp and Shift+PgDn after it has finished outputting.

See :
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=55317

In particular section IIa

F.

4. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

I can't use the Full Mode on my AMD Athlon K7 machine. Safe mode works but has no USB support so I use BartPE http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/ with one of Mustang's plugins http://www.mechrest.com/plugins/. Now I have a windows environment using windows drivers. If you search the forum you will find numerous reports of mouse, USB external drive issues relating to the Linux based rescue CD's lack of drivers. Specifically I use UBCD4WIN http://ubcd4win.com/ and add Mustang's plugin. It takes longer to boot up but it works with all my hardware. I don't use the secure zone but backup to an external hard drive.

5. foghorne

It surely does. On my setup

UBCD4Win takes > 5mins
    BartPE takes 2mins

F.

6. thomasjk

You're quite correct. I find it worth the extra few minutes because of all the utilities and drivers built in. More than once I've had to backup some files that were not in the last image I made.

7. foghorne

Indeedy. I use both depending on what I need to do. The UBCD4Win only comes out when I need the really big guns. For more frequent work I have ATI, Paragon Partition Mgr and R-Studio plugged into BartPE.

F.

8. bVolk

bVolk Registered Member

For me the Rescue CD works fine, but I did create the BartPE CD just in case, so I'd like to clear this question up.

Doesn't the a43 utility (or Total Commander also) in BartPE allow to copy files from the drive that's about to be restored if one uses another HD (internal or external) or an external CD drive as destination? That's what I thought I would do if need came.

9. thomasjk

Yes a43 will let you do that. I use UBCD4WIN http://ubcd4win.com/ a highly customized version on BartPE. It has lots of utilities for troubleshooting. I'm not always working on my machines.

10. bVolk

bVolk Registered Member

Thanks.

I will have a look into UBCD4Win too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.