TI 9.0 Problem

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Tommo, Sep 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tommo

Tommo Registered Member

I took up the offer of a free upgrade to Acronis 8.0 to 9.0. I only purchased ver. 8 a month ago. All seemed fine with the install until the following day.
    When I started my PC and went into the program I received an error which stated that it had failed to read from sector 54,701,462 of the hard disk 3 which is my Freecom USB drive that contains all of my backups. I also noticed that the drive was not working correctly: when I tried to open MY COMPUTER the program stalled until I disconnect the USB drive. System manager shows to errors with the drive and because the files are "hidden" one cannot run a disk error check (such as Norton) to find any errors. I then noticed that the disk was stopping and starting.
    I connected the drive to a different PC and found the same problem. I therefore bit the bullet and reformatted the drive and this fixed the problem. I then initially formatted the drive using NTFS and performed a full drive error check but no problems were found.
    I have now reconnected the drive to the original PC and rerun TI 9.0 and backed up all of my drives again and it now seems to be working OK.
    I don't know if this was just a coincidence or whether TI 9.0 was the source of the problem. I just hope that it does not happen again as had I deactivated system restore I would have lost all of my restore points and would have lost all of my backups on my USB drive.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Tommo,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept my apologies for the delay with the response.

I'm inclined to beleive that it was just a coincidence and the problem is not related to Acronis software. Moreover, there is no way to investigate the problem at the moment since you have already re-formatted your USB drive.

However, if the problem will appear again then please collect the following information:

- Create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

Please keep your external USB hard drive connected while creating Acronis Report and Windows System Information.

- Find the full version name and build number as it is shown here;

Send all the collected files and information to support@acronis.com along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.