TI 9.0 LB and Mouse fail

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by shorton, Jun 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shorton

shorton Registered Member

I purchased TI9.0 to replace my aging Powerquest Drive Image.

I am trying to run TI 9.0 on a laptop to create images of it's 2 partitions. I prepare PC's including syspreping them. I can not have the TI9.0 software installed on the PC I am imaging as I don't want it as part of the restored image. Therefore I am using the bootable "rescue" CD to boot the PC and will be placing the backup image on a USB connected external drive.

My out-of-the-box CD had several problems, crashed, and did not recognize the built in touchpad. So plugged in a USB mouse and rebooted back to TI9.0. Then only the KB worked on the intro screen where you make the first selection. But after getting all the way into TI9.0 the mouse worked and the KB does not. I was unable to enter a filename so obviously that won't do.

So I got the latest update build, installed it, created a new boot disc and tried again. Now, with this build neither the KB or mouse will work.

This is on a Compaq Evo N610C laptop.

Any sugestions or was this a waste of money?

Thanks,
    Scott

Last edited: Jun 14, 2006
  2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Scott,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please try disabling USB Legacy Support in your computer's BIOS settings.

If this does not help then please try booting with "usbmouse=off" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post (use "usbmouse=off" instead of "acpi=off noapic"). Usually, keyboard works when the selection screen appears.

If nothing helps and your mouse\keyboard still does not work properly when you use Acronis True Image Bootable Rescue CD then please submit a request for technical support containing the following information:

- Create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

- Let us know the exact vendor(s) and model(s) of your mouse\keyboard;

- Describe the mouse\keyboard behavior in detail.

If you cannot create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) because your keyboard does not work when the selection screen advising you to select either 'Full', 'Safe' or 'Boot into Windows' option appears then submit a request for technical support containing the Windows System Information which can be created as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

We will investigate the issue and try to provide you with the most suitable solution as soon as possible.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

3. shorton

shorton Registered Member

1. I did open a support case, but to date have not had any response back.

2. Thanks, I checked the BIOS for legacy USB and it was an option, but it was already off.

3. These Compaq N610's have the typical dual built-in mice of Compaq laptops. They have an integrated touchpad and a joystick (teeny button in the center of the keyboard). In the BIOS I disabled the dual pointers, and forced it to use the touchpad, only. Rebooted into TI9.0 and then the mouse and kb both worked.

Since I am using TI9.0 to make deployment images, I obviously want to reduce the work of setting up or restoring a laptop. Having to go in and manually turn off the built in hardware, then restore an image, then go back to the bios to re-enable the hardwre adds a lot of work.

Is there an Linux option I can issue to have it disable the integrated mice altogether?? I dont' have a problem using KB shortcuts, that would be MUCH better than having to disable then re-enable mice in BIOS.

Thanks,
    Scott

Last edited: Jun 14, 2006
  4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Scott,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are very sorry for the delay with the response.

Please be aware that we have not heard about such problems of Acronis True Image on Compaq laptops before and therefore are not aware of any Linux options\parameters allowing one to disable this particular laptop's integrated touchpad\joystick\mouse. If you want us to find out whether it is possible or not then please provide us with the following information:

- Create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt file) as it is described in Acronis Help Post having the "dual pointers" option enabled in your computer BIOS settings;

- Create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt file) as it is described in Acronis Help Post having the "dual pointers" option disabled in your computer BIOS settings;

- Rename the files collected to sysinfo_enabled.txt and sysinfo_disabled.txt accordingly.

Note that sometimes the sysinfo.txt file is not readable from under Windows. In this case please try entering the file name using capital letters (SYSINFO.TXT) or follow the instructions provided in this previous post of mine.

If you do not have a floppy drive then please take a look at this previous post of mine explaining how to save the sysinfo.txt file to USB flash drive.

Then please submit a request for technical support. Provide the files collected in your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

If you cannot create Linux system information having the "dual pointers" option enabled in your computer BIOS settings because keyboard does not work when # prompt appears then please provide us with at least sysinfo_diabled.txt file.

P.S. Please be aware that a possible workaround is to use Acronis True Image plug-in for BartPE allowing you to boot into a Windows-like environment from a CD having all the capabilities of Bootable Rescue CD.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.