TI 9.0.3677 hangs after locking partion

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by NineEyes, Jan 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NineEyes

NineEyes Registered Member

I installed TI 9.0.3677 on my home WinXP PC as administrator, performed a full backup, and scheduled a daily incremental backup at 5:15PM.

My wife, a limited user, was using the computer at 5:15PM and reported no problems. She finished using the computer at 5:30 and left it running. At 7:30PM when she returned, she complained (by phone, I was away) that the Acronis Icon was in her system tray and the PC (a snappy P4 running with 1GB RAM) was running painfully slow. There weren't enough cycles left over to switch to admin, so I had her unplug the PC and reboot. When I checked the log in the morning, it appeared TI never got further than the "Locking Partition C:" message at 5:15.

Does anybody know what can cause TI 9.0.3677 to get stuck like this?

Last edited: Jan 7, 2007
  2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello NineEyes,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

First of all, please download and install the latest build (3854) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

Please also download the latest version of Acronis drivers, install it with disabled logging and see if the problem still persists.

If the issue persists, please do the following:

- Replace C:\WINDOWS\system32\snapapi.dll with the one from the downloaded SnapAPI archive;

- Reproduce the issue and collect the log file;

- Get the log file without closing any application windows (including the error message windows if there are any). The log file will be created at C:\ . The name of the log file will be snapapi [date-time].log

Please make a screen shot of the Device Tree application the way described in this previous post and create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Collect the program log you mentioned the way described below:

- run the program;

- select Show log on the toolbar or from the Tools menu;

- select the log with error messages;

- click "Save the log entry to file" (the diskette icon)

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

3. NineEyes

NineEyes Registered Member

Follow-up: The problem noted in this thread has not happened in the 28 daily incremental backups my computer has performed.

I think I'll leave it the way it is, unless this problem shows up again. Thanks Aleksandr.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.