[TI 889] - Error loading Operating System

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by genedata, Jul 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. genedata

genedata Registered Member

Hi out there,

I've a problem with TrueImage. I have some completely similar machines here and I want to clone them. So I've installed one machine and tried to transfer the Image.

After writing back the Image from the network, I got an "Error loading Operating System" Message. So I've written back the MBR from the machine running. Same error. I've tried fixing the MBR with fixmbr/fixboot.. same error. I've tried the Acronis MBR fixing utility.. same error.

what makes me wonder:

- I have got another set of identical machines for which image transferring works with TI
    - I've tried to clone the HDD by using dd (disk dump, linux) and the machine booted. Only with TI it won't work.. I've no idea where this comes from..

As I need the ability to clone machines very often, I'd appreciate any help..

Thanks,
    genedata

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello genedata,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please read the article in Microsoft Knowlegde Base: "Error Loading Operating System". If the problem remains please do the following:

- Download the Acronis Report utility from http://www.acronis.com/files/support/AcronisReport.exe;
    - Run Acronis Report utility and select the "Create bootable floppy" option;
    - Insert a blank floppy disk in the floppy drive and proceed with creating the bootable diskette;
    - Boot the computer under consideration from this diskette and wait for report creation process to complete;
    - Send the 'report.txt' file from the floppy disk to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Last edited: Jul 11, 2005
  3. genedata

genedata Registered Member

Hello Irina,

as mentioned before, when using "dd" the machine boots, so its not a bios issue..only when I use TI, it won't boot.

I've send the report.txt to the address (I suppose its @acronis.com instead of @acrons.com?), we'll see whats happening now..

genedata

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello genedata,

If you do not receive any response from Acronis Support Team within 48 hours please let me know your Acronis Request # which will be sent to you in autoreply.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.