TI 8 sees DVD burner as CD burner?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Nowandever29, Sep 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nowandever29

Nowandever29 Guest

I just installed TI 8, and I'm trying to write an image to a Lite On 4X USB DVD drive. I also have Nero 6.3 installed on the machine, and Nero works fine with the DVD burner. But when I start TI and go to create the image, it shows the drive as a CD burner. Further, if I ignore this and try to burn to DVD media, it aborts with a write error.

As I said, Nero works fine with this drive and media.

Any ideas?

Thanks

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Don't worry about the DVD being called a CD burner. What you have to do is format the DVD+RW or DVD-RW disks (but not CD-R or RW disks) with InCD the UDF packet writing software with Nero.

TI doesn't write to DVD disks until they have been formatted. Then it works fine.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Nowandever29,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

jmk94903 is correct, since this is a normal situation when a DVD writer is shown as a CD burner in Acronis True Image 8.0. This doesn't affect the device's functionality and you can use DVD.

I would also like to add the link to the corresponding FAQ article.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

4. Nowandever29

Nowandever29 Guest

Thanks, I understand. I would think TI would UDF format the disk when it went to write to it, but I guess that's a feature request. I do have Nero, 6.6.something, but I can't find InCD or any way to format a DVD+R disk. I know that it's off topic fro TI, but it is certainly related, can you help me out or point me to another utility that will UDF format the DVDs?

Thanks!

5. crash79`

crash79` Registered Member

I think you can download incd as a separate item as long as you have Nero installed. Type incd in google.
    John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.