TI 8 failures in XP Pro SP2

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by wreckwriter, Oct 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wreckwriter

wreckwriter Registered Member

After successfully cloning my drive to a larger one last night I set up Secure Zone and tried to create an image from within XP. On the first try TI (latest build 774) hung at the screen with 2 status bars just like it had done previously. Again I did a "repair", rebooted, killed all my running apps (NAV, firewall, etc) and tried again.

This time it started to work and got about half-way done then died with a popup of "unhandled exception".

So far my experience within XP has been terrible but using boot cd its been good.

WW

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello wreckwriter,

Please contact support@acronis.com regarding this problem.

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Andrew Berezovsky

3. wreckwriter

I don't understand why you don't troubleshoot and solve problems in the forum where the answers would fix multiple people's issues without you having to do each one individually but I guess you have your reasons. Will send email.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Well... the thing is that we have a very convenient to use Request Tracking system. It is much more convenient to handle the problem using this system and also we can do a search for a familiar problems so it helps us to accumulate the information and fix the problem as soon as possible. This system is very helpful when you need to operate with many diagnostic files from the customer and also it allows to look through all previous requests from our customer.

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Andrew Berezovsky

5. wreckwriter

Fair enough. I ran the utility and sent you the file last night. Thanks for any help.

6. wreckwriter

In the continuing effort to get a reliable backup I made some changes last night....

I converted both my drives to NTFS, removed and recreated Secure Zone, did a repair of TI (reboots at each step), ran a full backup. Seemed good.

Next I added a file and tried an incremental backup, "image is corrupt". Reboot again, back to the same old 2 blank status bar hang.

I ran the report utility again after conversion and sent it to support.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.