TI 8 Build 937

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by CorkyG, Jul 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CorkyG

CorkyG Registered Member

Where can I download a copy of TI 8 Build 937? I have the registration key for it, but I deleted the file when I upgraded to 9 then 10.

Turns out, 8/937 is the last version that will clone a VIsta drive without any subsequent repair required. :)

All versions after that require a post-cloning repair for "Partition=Not Found."

2. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

Log in to the TI update page and you will find your registered versions. Select V8 and away you go . You will find the key is also there at the foot of the page.

I have no idea of the easiest way to download the CD file. I expect you would have to uninstall V10. Install V8 create the CD. Uninstall V8 and reinstall V10 !!

Are you sure you have not got a V8 CD somewhere already? It is all you need to do a clone or restore.

Xpilot

3. CorkyG

CorkyG Registered Member

Thanks, XPilot . . . I have two of the TI 8 Rescue Disks - they work perfectly. But, I need to install the program to create a bootable flash drive with the Rescue Media. I have them for 9 and 10, but not 8.

Dumbly, when I upgraded to 9, then 10, I deleted my downloaded 8 file. But, I did keep the key. :)

Last edited: Jul 18, 2007
  4. CorkyG

CorkyG Registered Member

OK - got the file, and installed it. I had already removed TI 10 (worthlesss to me! since I am strictly a cloner and not a backerupper/restorer.)

Worked perfectly, and now I have a flash drive for booting my Thinkpad for cloning. Yeah - I remove the DVD/CD drive and slip in the Ultrabay adapter with HDD #2. I then boot with the flash drive and clone the main drive to the one in the Ultrabay. Faster and neater than dealing with an external case.

Looks like TI 8 was the last really good cloner Acronis made. Both versions 9 and 10 create boot errors in Vista drives that have to be repaired. TI 8 does not. :)

5. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

I am also a driver swapper. It is much faster than using External drives. With room in the tower to do the swaps of the main drive I keep backups on another internal drive.
    I do not keep TI installation files on the computer but I have burned two CDs for V8,9 and 10 with a note of the serial magic numbers. Just in case!

Xpilot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.