TI 8 build 771 and used files

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by slavko, Oct 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slavko

slavko Registered Member

When I try to make an Image od my first Disk (Disk 0) with to partition on it Partition C (WinXP) and Partition D (Programs) I receive ERROR E00070021

and the message : Cannot create the image of the logical drive D: because it is currently in use by running applications or the logical drive contains bad sectors.

This happened me every time no mather what I do. And sometimes it TI say for disk D: , when I try next time it say disk C:
    I try everithyng to fix this problem but without success. I run chkdsk, I defrag my disk with diskkeeper, I take off all my programs in systray, but situation is the same.

Then I say OK and I download trial version of Norton Ghost 9.0, everithyng works FINE without problem. But I am loyal user of ATI and I want to stay with ATI. I hope that somebody can HELP me with this problem.

Regards,
    Slavko

2. marhil

marhil Guest

I get the same messages when I try to create an image while running in
    Windows XP. I am able to create an image if I re-boot with the True Image
    boot disk. I can always create an image using the boot disk, but I have
    never been able to create an image of drive while running in Windows XP.
    Bottom line: exit Windows, re-boot with True Image boot disk and try creating drive image. Hope this helps.

3. CarlWalters

CarlWalters Registered Member

I am having exactly the same problem! (see my earlier posts)

This has to be a real prolem doesn't it? If you can't create an image while XP is running then a huge proportion of the advertised TI functionality is useless.
    Can't take an image while running XP, can't schedule an image (some of the main reasons I purchased TI in the first place)

I'm now beginining to think I've wasted a lot of my hard earned cash on this :mad:

4. slavko

slavko Registered Member

Hi CarlWalters,

This is 100% true what you explain. All those functionality are away. And I ask myself what I must do.

Wait for respons of Acronis support which is very bad in the last time.
    Buy Norton Ghost 9.0 which work without problem.
    Ask Acronis " Give me my money back because almost all great functionality sheduling incremental image while windows running are away.

Slavko

5. CarlWalters

CarlWalters Registered Member

I thought that this was the Official Acronis Support Forum - I've certainly seen responses from Acronis SUpport here. My usual thoughts are that Forums like this are the best place to go for advice and help - rather than waiting for e-mails to be responded to. Actual users of a product are very often likely to know the answer quickly.

So does anyone from Acronis Support have an answer to this problem?

To re-state the problem:

While Windows XP (SP2) is runnning it is impossible to create an image with TI8 (latest build). An error message "ERROR E00070021 : Cannot create the image of the logical drive because it is currently in use by running applications or the logical drive contains bad sectors"

If you re-boot with the Acronis CD in then it is possible to take an image.
    No errors are reported when running Chkdsk on the drive.
    Disabling anti-virus and firewall software (in my case ZoneAlarm) has no effect.

What can we Windows XP users do?

6. slavko

slavko Registered Member

My opinion; only wait till somebody from Acronis support answer to this Error, or maybe some other people from this forum has some fix for this problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.