TI 8 build 771 and used files

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by slavko, Oct 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slavko

slavko Registered Member

When I try to make an Image od my first Disk (Disk 0) with to partition on it Partition C (WinXP) and Partition D (Programs) I receive ERROR E00070021

and the message : Cannot create the image of the logical drive D: because it is currently in use by running applications or the logical drive contains bad sectors.

This happened me every time no mather what I do. And sometimes it TI say for disk D: , when I try next time it say disk C:
    I try everithyng to fix this problem but without success. I run chkdsk, I defrag my disk with diskkeeper, I take off all my programs in systray, but situation is the same.

Then I say OK and I download trial version of Norton Ghost 9.0, everithyng works FINE without problem. But I am loyal user of ATI and I want to stay with ATI. I hope that somebody can HELP me with this problem.

Regards,
    Slavko

2. marhil

marhil Guest

I get the same messages when I try to create an image while running in
    Windows XP. I am able to create an image if I re-boot with the True Image
    boot disk. I can always create an image using the boot disk, but I have
    never been able to create an image of drive while running in Windows XP.
    Bottom line: exit Windows, re-boot with True Image boot disk and try creating drive image. Hope this helps.

3. CarlWalters

CarlWalters Registered Member

I am having exactly the same problem! (see my earlier posts)

This has to be a real prolem doesn't it? If you can't create an image while XP is running then a huge proportion of the advertised TI functionality is useless.
    Can't take an image while running XP, can't schedule an image (some of the main reasons I purchased TI in the first place)

I'm now beginining to think I've wasted a lot of my hard earned cash on this :mad:

4. slavko

slavko Registered Member

Hi CarlWalters,

This is 100% true what you explain. All those functionality are away. And I ask myself what I must do.

Wait for respons of Acronis support which is very bad in the last time.
    Buy Norton Ghost 9.0 which work without problem.
    Ask Acronis " Give me my money back because almost all great functionality sheduling incremental image while windows running are away.

Slavko

5. CarlWalters

CarlWalters Registered Member

I thought that this was the Official Acronis Support Forum - I've certainly seen responses from Acronis SUpport here. My usual thoughts are that Forums like this are the best place to go for advice and help - rather than waiting for e-mails to be responded to. Actual users of a product are very often likely to know the answer quickly.

So does anyone from Acronis Support have an answer to this problem?

To re-state the problem:

While Windows XP (SP2) is runnning it is impossible to create an image with TI8 (latest build). An error message "ERROR E00070021 : Cannot create the image of the logical drive because it is currently in use by running applications or the logical drive contains bad sectors"

If you re-boot with the Acronis CD in then it is possible to take an image.
    No errors are reported when running Chkdsk on the drive.
    Disabling anti-virus and firewall software (in my case ZoneAlarm) has no effect.

What can we Windows XP users do?

6. slavko

slavko Registered Member

My opinion; only wait till somebody from Acronis support answer to this Error, or maybe some other people from this forum has some fix for this problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.