TI 8 and SATA (again!!!)

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bAbysn8k, Sep 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bAbysn8k

bAbysn8k Registered Member

Hi

Does the latest build of TI8 support SATA?

What about SATA RAID? 0 and 1?

How do I go (step by step) from a IDE RAID 0 with 3 partitions (OS, soft, data) to a single SATA drive?

My mobo is a GA 7N400pro2 which has a Silicon Image sil3112A controller AFAIK (if that matters)

Thnks

neill

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Welcome to the TI Forum,

As you can see from my sig below, I also use the GA-7N400 Pro 2 (flashed with latest F11 BIOS).

I currently have no use for RAID arrays, either on the SiI3112A or ITE8212 controllers. However, I can confirm that TI 8.0 Build 771 works fine with both controllers when used in their non-RAID configurations. Hopefully someone else can provide an input regarding compatability with the ITE8212 GigaRAID in a RAID 0 config.

Good luck with your transfer from the ITE GigaRaid array to the SiI3112A configured in SATALink (non-RAID) mode. The ITE GigaRAID controller has a reputation for being a bit of dog (read slow and unreliable!!) when configured as a RAID array, so I'm guessing that's the reason you want to change over.

Regards

3. bAbysn8k

bAbysn8k Registered Member

hi Menorcaman

spot on! - the GigaRAID is quite slow compared to what i'm used to for single drives and i'm worried i'm just risking my data for no speed gain!

i remember reading somewhere once that a working RAID 0 is just one that hasn't broken yet!

it also seems from reading elsewhere on this *excellent* forum that overall TI support for SATA +/- RAID in various different rigs might best be described as patchy!

i think i'll migrate my RAID 0 to a single SATA drive and keep one of the IDE drives for backup with TI8. nice to know that it should be OK on my mobo

thanks very much for your input :)

neill

4. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, bAbysn8k

Ask Acronis Support For the Ti7 #619 Beta link, as it works with Si3112 SATA Raid Controller.

Also read this thread from about #17 down:- When Raid0?

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

5. JonDoran

JonDoran Guest

I used TI 8 to image (and restore!) on an AI7 with two drives setup in a RAID0. This board has an ICHR5 controller. TI8 didn't have any troubles with this (even using the created boot CD).

I had more grief from Windows XP installation. Gak. The RAID drivers *must* be on a floppy, XP won't read them off a CD.

6. scadarick

scadarick Registered Member

I have the NP400 Pro rev2. with 1 gig geil ram, 3200+ amd on a 400mhz I am installing 2 sata's today, and making 1 of them my boot druve. Going to image my C Drive and restore thru rescue disk...so far everything pops up and have access to all drives, ecept some usb errorsm could be my external HD box.

Wel to answer the Q about np400 pro, I would say that it will work just fine withe the sata's as well as the raid.

I plan on leaving an old 80 gig on an ide for my imaging, and just use the raid for my 4 other 80 gig'ers...slow as crap, but makes good storage..

Good Luck..will post my results in the morning, maybe tonight late.

ScadaRick

7. rmy

rmy Registered Member

I am using the Promise 378 controller on an Asus P4P800-E motherboard. This controller supports both SATA and EIDE raid. I have a raid 0 setup with 2 EIDE drives. True Image 8 cannot see the drives from the Windows or the full startup disk. I can see and successfully restore these drives from the "safe" version of the startup CD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.