TI 8-768 Rescue Media Builder won't run

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ohmelovelo, Aug 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ohmelovelo

ohmelovelo Registered Member

When I click the Start Menu item to run Rescue Media Builder, XP-SP2 reboots. Can't run this process, tried it during install, and once from Start menu after XP rebooted. Won't run. I had trouble with TI 7-634, too, after installing SP2, and upgraded to TI 8. Any one know whazzup? TIA

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

3. ohmelovelo

I stated in subject that I am at build 768. Are there two 768s running around? Do you want me to access a second build with the same number 768? TIA

4. ohmelovelo

On 20 Aug 2004 at 14:27, Acronis Support Department wrote:

> Then please reproduce the system crash and send us the mini-dumps
    > created. This will allow us to investigate the problem thoroughly.

I've got bad news for you: minidump is already enabled. I looked in the minidump folder and it held ~12 minidumps from prior crashes but there weren't any dated the day I installed TI8-768 and experienced the Rescue Media Builder failure which I did
    two or three times. I deleted all the stale minidumps leaving the folder empty.

Just now, I ran TI8-768 again, clicked the Rescue Media Builder button, XP rebooted, and I looked in the minidump folder, it's empty, no minidump is created by this crash. The crash is total and immediate, as aoon as I click the button, the monitor goes black and XP starts to reboot, no graceful failure.

Now, even more bad news. I tried to create a partition image and that crashed also without creating a minidump. It didn't crash immediately on the Create Image button, it crashed on the select partition window when I clicked the checkbox to select the partition. And I tested this twice, two crashes, no minidump.

I developed software for most if my 31 year XXX Co employment, I know how difficult this is for you without any trace. As a test, I installed TI8-768 on another PC running Win98SE and tested Rescue Media Builder and Create Image. Of course, both of these work in Win98SE although I had to create 6 diskettes (ugh!) as that PC has no CDROM burner.

Let me know what to do next.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.