TI 8.0 ?'s

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jschwilk, Aug 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jschwilk

jschwilk Guest

I was wondering 2 things.

1. How would I restore an image using a RIS server and TI? I would like to store the image on a RIS server or file server for that matter and restore it accorss my network. This would be done on a domain that the computers that I need to restore are not a member of. I can see the file server in the network places but it will not accept any usernames and passwords to allow me to connect to my file server to pull the image.

2. It would be nice to have the feature of "file size" by 4.7GB, so when you have larger images TI would break them down into DVD size increaments. I rather restore 2 DVD's than 7 CD's.

If there is any way to do these please let me know.

Thanks

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello jschwilk,

I'm afraid I can't answer your first question. However, with regards to your second question on how to set an appropriate manual split size for DVDs, please read this previous thread titled <Burning images to DVD>.

Use 1492MB if burning a DVD-ROM (ISO) compilation and burn up to three .tib files per DVD. If you decide to burn DVD-ROM (UDF) compilations instead then just type 4.3GB into the Create Image Wizard combi box.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.