TI 8.0.859 & SZ question

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by giuliano, Jun 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. giuliano

giuliano Registered Member

Hi,
    does someone tried to create a SZ on a 2 disk mirror array on an nvidia raid caontroller with winxp and ti 8.0.859 ? The previous build stopped with an "unsupported sevice" error before rebootting and creating the SZ. With the new version the message error is gone but I'm not sure if I should try it (and I can't have a full backup of the 200gb array...)

thanks

giuliano

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello giuliano,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please create the screenshots of your actions when you try to create Acronis Secure Zone (with the screenshot of the error message) and send it to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread and indicate in the subject that you want to contact Irina Shirokova?

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

3. giuliano

Hi,
    the problem was only in versions < 8.0.859. I'd lik eto know if creating a SZ on an nvidia raid mirrored disk will screw my disk :)

thanks

giuliano

4. Acronis Support

Hello giuliano,

There should be no problems with Acronis Secure Zone on the NVRAID with any build of Acronis True Image. Could you please let us know whether you tried to create it under Windows or after bootin with Acronis Bootable CD? If the former Acronis software uses Windows drivers and should work properly. Is your RAID array configured as Dynamic disk in Windows?

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

5. giuliano

Hi,
    with previous versions of TI boot cd the array wasn't recognized. I used an iso image provided by acronis tech support to "see" the array. Current array (mirror raid on 2 sata disks) is managed by the nvraid controller (drivers are 5.10 from nvidia) of the motherboard, so there are no dynamic disks like windows software raid.

giuliano

6. Acronis Support

Hello giuliano,

Have you tried to create Acronis Secure Zone under Windows? Acronis Bootable CD created with the latest (859) build of Acronis True Image should work properly with NVRAID.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.