TI 2337: Startup Agent does not detect network

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by BrownChiLD, Mar 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrownChiLD

BrownChiLD Registered Member

Im tryin to restore drive c: (system) of PC1.. its image is stored on PC2 (server)

When i run restore in TI windows version, it detects the whole network as well as the desired image on the network instantly..however, it requires me to REBOOT since im restoring a system partition....

but when im in the DOS/Linux mode of TI, it doesnt show any network at all...

i've restored through this method a few times already.. but now TI decided not to show any network connections.. i checked its configuration>network and there are no NICs detected..

PLEASE I URGENTLY NEED HELP..

2. BrownChiLD

please help

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello BrownChiLD,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

First of all, please try specifying the full UNC path to the desired computer or\and adjusting the network settings manually via the Options item in the Tools menu as it is described in Acronis True Image 9.0 FAQ Article #23.

If that does not help then please try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If the problem still persists then please do the following:

- Boot the computer from Bootable Rescue CD created using the latest build (2337) of Acronis True Image 9.0 once more and press F11 key when the selection screen advising you to select either "Full", "Safe" or "Boot into Windows" option appears;

- After you get the "Linux Kernel Settings" prompt, please remove the "quiet" word, click on the OK button, choose "Full Version" and wait for # prompt to appear;

- Issue the following commands:

asamba dhcp -n
    asamba masters

- Write down the output after each of the commands or use a digital camera to make a shots of the output screens;

- Insert a diskette in a floppy disk drive and issue the following commands;

cd tmp
    mkdir mntdir
    mount /devfs/floppy/0 mntdir
    cat /proc/net/dev > mntdir/net.txt
    sysinfo > mntdir/sysinfo.txt
    umount mntdir

- Collect the net.txt and sysinfo.txt files from the diskette.

Please note that sometimes the sysinfo.txt and net.txt files are not readable from under Windows. In this case please try entering the file name using capital letters (SYSINFO.TXT, NET.TXT) or follow the instructions provided in this previous post of mine.

If you do not have a floppy drive then please take a look at this previous post of mine explaining how to save the sysinfo.txt file to USB flash drive (the same applies to the net.txt file).

Please also let us know the exact vendor and model of your network card. Describe your network structure in more detail.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

4. BrownChiLD

wow.. this is gona keem me hands full for a bit.. ok will try all that. thanks!

as for specifying the full UNC path, and/or adjusting the network settings, i cant.. because in the options>network my NIC does not show up (built in nick)..

on a side note, how come it was working fine then, did nothing apart from use it.. and now it's not working.

tea

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.