TI 2337 Hanging Tying To Create SZ Image

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mhallerman, Mar 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mhallerman

mhallerman Registered Member

Acronis TI Support,

All of a sudden the past couple of days, 2337 is hanging when I try to backup to the SZ. Today got to where it was 1min 55secs from finishing and just hung. I tried to restart the SZ backup after shutting down all svcs and restarting, and it wouldn't even start to backup (from checking the % indicator).

Yesterday when this happened I deleted the SZ from a boot off the Linux CD, and then recreated it. The backup after that went ok, but again today, it hung and did not complete.

Backups to my external USB Maxtor seem to be created ok.

Thanks,
    Mark.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Mark,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

First of all, please check each partition of your hard drive by Windows utility:

- For Windows 9x please use Windows menu Start\Run then enter the command "scandskw" and test all drives;

- For Windows XP please use Windows menu Start\Run, then enter the command "chkdsk c: /r" "chkdsk d: /r" for every partition of your hard drive.

Note that you will need to reboot your computer in order to scan the system partition.

Please also download the latest version of Acronis drivers, install it with disabled logging and see if the problem still persists.

If the problem still persists then enable logging by running the Acronis drivers installation package once again, reproduce the problem and collect the c:\snapapi.log file.

Please also provide us with the following information:

- Create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

- What do you mean exactly when saying that the backup process "hangs"?

- Do you receive any error messages? What exact messages? When exactly do you receive them?

- Let us know whether you start the backup process manually or it is started automatically (scheduled task is executed);

- Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

Please also make a screen shot of the Device Tree application:

- Download and unpack the Device Tree application;

- Run the application;

- Completely unfold the \Driver\Disk and \Driver\FtDisk branches;

- Move the margin to the left in order to see all the items;

- Make a screen shot;

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

3. mhallerman

Alexy,

Thank you for the reply.

I seem to have resolved my issue, at least for now - the procedure was (if anyone is having similar issues):

1. Booted from the 2323 rescue cd.
    2. Deleted the SZ.
    3. Rebooted.
    4. Installed 2337, created and activated SZ.

Hope this can help someone else who might be having similar issues with 2323.

Thanks,
    Mark.

4. mhallerman

Alexy,

This has happened again. Tonight created my nightly 2 scheduled backups; 1 to an external maxtor usb drive and the other to the secure zone. Both ran fine.

Then about an hour later I initiated another backup job to the secure zone, and it never started - the progress dialog was up and waiting to count down the minutes left, but never started. There was a lot of disk activity though.

I will try the few things you mentioned 2 posts above this and get back with the results.

Thanks,
    Mark.

5. mhallerman

So far so good - ran the tests against all partitions, results ok. Installed the snapapi drivers, and the backup to the sz worked. Will see how long that lasts...

Any idea why this happens?

Thanks,
    Mark.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.