TI 2009 ver 9709

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by WellWell, Apr 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WellWell

WellWell Registered Member

OK we're familiar with certain chip sets not working with TI 11 and early versions of TI 2009 because there was no IDE emulation in one version of the Intel chip sets, so Acronis didn't have the drivers in the Linux boot disk updated . I forget the details, but those of us familiar with this problem know what I'm talking about, and it was first a problem in about the summer of 2008 with TI 11.

I've waited until now to try 2009 because people had problems with it also in the same way. I've been using TI11 to back up the troubled chip sets by using it on an external SATA drive with Vista 64 and TI11 loaded just for the purpose of restoring system drives. So I plug in the external drive and use the loaded TI11 to restore the system drive. It can be a pain in the ass if the unit I'm working on has no eSATA port.

So I thought it would be nice to get back to using a boot disk for the entire process. Well, today I created the boot disk with TI 2009 ver 9709 and it booted to the selection screen. I then chose TI 2009 and it just went to a black screen with a blinking cursor. I waited around a minute and nothing happened. I assume TI2009 wasn't detecting the drives.

Main Board: Gigabyte x58 UD5
    Chipset Intel Tylersburg X58, Intel Nehalem
    RAID 0 two WD 600GB SATA Black editions.

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

TI2009 seems to be better with hardware than previous versions but problems do still exist.

People with your problem seem to get the quickest support which usually means a new .iso of the boot disk to burn by using the Acronis Live Chat support mechanism.

3. WellWell

WellWell Registered Member

I was hoping that Acronis would have had this worked out by now. It's been almost a year since the Intel CH9-10 chip sets were out. And I have my BIOS set to IDE emulation, so Acronis "should" identify it. I don't understand why this problem has the developers bamboozled. I'm just running 2009 on an external drive for now. What a pain.

EDIT:

In fairness to Acronis, I wanted to post this update:

It actually did bootup like it should last night. DD 10 however must be run in safe mode. See my other post for the error I got, however. Strange.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.