TI 2009 Scheduled Task Issue

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by 1wolf, Nov 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1wolf

1wolf Registered Member

I searched and didn't see this topic, so please Forgive me if this has been asked before.

I am using Acronis TI 2009 on a Vista ultimate computer. I am using the latest build of Acronis TI 2009.9615.

I have setup two tasks to backup my hard drive. On Monday, a full backup takes place and is saved to my external hard drive. On Wednesday, Friday and Sunday, an incremental to the Monday backup is done. For the first week, I have the following files on my external drive, Monday(full), Monday2(Wed. increm.), Monday3(Friday increm.), and Monday4(Sunday increm.). The issue I am having is this, the backup works for the full backup on every Monday, but for the incremental ones, AFTER the first week, I receive the following message, "Specify the location of the volume 1". Pointing to the full backup from Monday does not rectify the situation and I am forced to cancel the operation, delete the previous weeks incremental backups and restart the operation manually. I hope I am being clear in my explanation of the issue.

I have no idea how to fix the issue, perhaps someone has some ideas? I appreciate the anticipated cooperation. Please let me know what further information is needed.

Thanks.

Edited because I cannot spell correctly.......................

2. shieber

shieber Registered Member

I'm not sure but I think the program is looking for the Full that you have overwritten. If you make just one task for incs, it will make a full the first time and incs thereafter. You can set autoconsolidation and it will consolidate the incs into the full when the limits are reached and the idea isyou jsut keep runnign the task after that, always having one Full that is up to date (with incs).

It doesn't allow for the widely used protocol of maintaining multiple full backups, but that's the way it is with ATI12/2009.

3. 1wolf

1wolf Registered Member

Thanks for the reply.

I have two tasks setup now, one for Monday which creates the full backup, and another task for the incrementals.

How would I go about creating one task for the week? I'd like to have one full and three incrementals.

4. Faust

Faust Registered Member

Just set it up to run on four scheduled tasks - TI will then create one full and three incremental images. If you set a limit to the number of backups say three then when it has done one full and three incrementals it will start to consolidate them. It will keep consolidating that number of jobs ad infinitum until you tell scheduler different.

5. 1wolf

1wolf Registered Member

I'll give that a try and let you know how I made out.

I appreciate everyone's help with this, thanks.

:D

6. shieber

I'm pretty sure that if you set up one inc task, it will create a full if there is none and thereafter make incs. When the user set autoconsolidation limits are reached, it will remake consolidate the incs into the full and thereafter make new incs, etc. This shouldn't take the creation and use of more than one task. This is ATI's simplied, non-versatile, easy to use system. Some think it's worth the money; It thought it was worth a refund.

7. Faust

Faust Registered Member

I know you don't like the fact that you can no longer make multiple full images and for that reason you asked for and got your money back. However, lets face it nothing in this world is perfect and you often have to take things in the round. For me TI 10 and 11 were hell to restore on my PC's - that was until I found MudCrab and Mustangs excellent VistaPE disks, even then I still had an issue with dual booting. Of the last three TI products 10 11 & 2009 it is 2009 that ticks just about every box for me. It may not be perfect but it is more perfect than the previous two versions.

8. GTBSr

GTBSr Registered Member

I have the same issue. The only problem I find is that I cannot add increments to an existing full backup. For example - I have created Full Backup.tib. If I try to schedule increments to this, Acronis won't let me. And If I do as suggested - schedule increments that create a full backup for the first one and let it consolidate I need to have a bunch of disk space available since the consolidation needs a lot of space.

9. Faust

Faust Registered Member

Are you using task scheduler for this? If you create tasks then incrementals will follow the main backup task but it should be part of the schedule task i.e. first main backup.

10. GTBSr

GTBSr Registered Member

Yes I am using task scheduler. But I can't even edit an existing task. For example, I have an existing full backup - Desktop. I then try to set up incrementals for Desktop. TI2009 won't let me - it says that this is part of an existing backup and won't let me get past this.

Also, I have an existing set of incrementals Desktop2, set to run every other day. Because of an issue, I wanted to change it to every day. Again, TI2009 won't let me - when I go to edit the existing scheduled task, it won't let me get past the fact that Desktop2 already exists and even though I have asked to append it to an existing backup, because Desktop2 exists I can't add it to that.

Extremely awkward and different than all the other versions. The only way I can see how to proceed is to delete all the backups and then start by saying all I want is incrementals - and I better not want to edit the job.

11. ToyMaker

ToyMaker Registered Member

When you edit the task you need to give the incremental a unique name.

My full back is Fullback(1).tib
    the next incremental is Fullback(1)1.tib
    the next incremental is Fullback(1)2.tib

So, when I edit the task, the name in the path is Fullback(1)2.tib this has to be changed to Fullback(1)3.tib or I get the same error. I found this the first day and have run into it a thousand times since. It seems to keep the name from the lasttime the task run, so its always behind.

12. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

Please make sure that you are using the latest build (#9646) of Acronis True Image Home 2009. If not, please download the latest build, install it and see if the issue remains. Should you still experience some problems with Acronis scheduler, please contact us via Live Chat service here and ask the operator to provide you with a file that will update the scheduler for Acronis True Image Home 2009.

Thank you.

__

Oleg Lee

13. shieber

I guess you haven't lost your Outlook files yet. ;-)

I don't want perfection, I want a program without critical faults.

14. jeanm

jeanm Registered Member

Hello,
    All complaints from me are trying the French version available to try on the French site, and the build is (#9621). I tried the build (#9646) in English language which seems to have less problems. But I think that the available French version to buy is (#9621), and there is no way (up to now) to upgrade the French version to (#9646).
    Please confirm, and give me the availability date to try the latest French version on the French site.
    Jean
    __

15. jeanm

jeanm Registered Member

Hello,
    Still no answer from Acronis about the French trial version o_O?
    Thanks
    jean

16. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.