TI 2009 Home; Task Settings Export ?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by fazerjam, Mar 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fazerjam

fazerjam Registered Member

Hi,

i have many Task in Acronis. Can i export the Data for this Tasks (and Import)?
    Or, in what for an File are standing the Tasksettings ?
    Maybe, i can copy the File only to save the Settings.

Thanks.

2. Lindertv

Lindertv Registered Member

I am also needing a manner to save (or export) and load (or import) tasks.
    And another thing about those: If I disable one or more of my tasks I cannot see which ones are enabled, and which are not. I have to check them all separately, AFAIK. What am I doing wrong?

Frank.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello fazerjam and Lindertv,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

You are unable to transfer the tasks and make them completely functional. The scripts that are responsible for the tasks are located at C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\TrueImageHome\Scripts

Also, the information about the tasks is stored to Acronis scheduler, and you are unable to transfer this part to another computer or just after re-installing the program.

Frank, what do you mean by disabled? How do you do that?

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

4. Lindertv

Oleg,

When I open 'Tasks and Log' and right-click on one of my tasks, the action list shows either 'Disable' (when the task is enabled) or 'Enable' (when disabled). This action is the only one in the little menu without an icon, and it is not mentioned in the help file list of possible actions either....

I would like to be able to see whether a task is 'disabled' or 'enabled' in the list. As it is now, I have to right-click all my tasks separately to find out.
    I suppose I am dong something wrong, but what...?

Frank.

5. Lindertv

Hello Oleg,

About saving tasks: I do not have the intention to copy tasks across computers, but I would like to be able to use one task as a template for crating another.
    Creating tasks is rather elaborate, and if I am happy with my achieved result to backup drive c:, I would like to have a simple way to apply the same settings to another task for the backup of d: .

Isn't this something many users do want?

Frank.

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Frank,

Thank you for the clarification.

I've understood you. I will create a task at Customer Listening System. Maybe, the possibilities to export the templates and to view the status of the task will be implemented for the future releases.

Thank you for your feedback.

--
    Oleg Lee

7. Lindertv

OK, Oleg.

So I didn't do anything wrong after all?
    Why isn't there any documentation on the enabling or disabling of tasks?

Frank.

8. MKairys

MKairys Registered Member

I submitted this as a bug via the website support page, but I never got an email confirmation so I suppose no case was created. I think it is a bug and should be treated as such.

9. Lindertv

Hello MKairys,

The bug is that this feature is not mentioned at all in the documentation, and that one cannot see easily which which state it is in.
    But the enabling/disabling of a task itself does work as expected.
    As a matter of fact it was one of the first features I was looking for, having been used to the competeting O&O Disk Image.

BTW their engine isn't half as good as Acronis TI, resulting in enormously large and uncontrolled file swaps to all connected drives - including the ones you do not want to touch and even the USB sticks! But their user interface is much better, and they have a 'real' manual to learn how to use the program. Acronis help files are not of much use if you want to know more about the way the program works.
    O&O have the proverbial German 'Gründlichkeit' of explaining things, where Acronis do it the also proverbial American take-it-easy way....

Frank (Dutch, wanting the best of two worlds)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.