TI 11 won't run from CD itI made

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by The Nodder, Mar 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Nodder

The Nodder Registered Member

I installed a new motherboard yesterday, an ASUS P5K Pro.
    I'm also about to add 8gb ram to it, 4mb is installed at the moment.
    The hard drives (SATA set for 3gb) and CD / DVD ROM are the same as is the P4 3.4gb CPU.
    What is happening is that as I am installing Vista business (it's features & lack of some appeal to me),
    I make images in stages as I install it, so if I have a problem I can restore the relevant image.

I got Vista installed no problem. I installed all my hardware and set up Vista as I like it.
    Then I used the CD that True Image made to get an image made. Build 8053
    It will not startup. All I get is :- "Starting Acronis Loader . . . "
    I just cant get it to run.
    I had changed a few settings in BIOS, but I reset them to default and only changed the date and boot sequence.
    The CD / DVD ROM is first.

I really can't think of anything that might fix this.
    Can you suggest anything please.

I have a competitors CD that I had before I got TI 11 and it works no problem, so I'm using it until I can get TI 11 to run. I did make anoth TI CD in case the other was damaged, but it is the same.

Thanks for any help.

EDIT
    I downloaded the latest updates from ASUS, the Intel Storage Manager, the readme states that it does not support Linux so that may be the problem..
    How can that be fixed ?
    Acronis, can you help me on that please.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2008
  2. artie

artie Registered Member

Hello,

i have the same problem.

I have a Gigabyte GA-P35-DQ6 Mainboard with an SATA Toshiba-Samsung SH-S183L DL DVD-Burner and a 500GB Samsung SATA-Harddisk.

I licensed True Image 11.0 and True Image Workstation 9.1.

With each version i created Emergency Bootdisks. With both i get the following error:

"Acronis Loader fatal error: Boot drive (partition) not found. Press <Enter> to try to boot your OS..."

First time i had this problem was with True Image Home 11.8027. So i thought with the next build it would work. Now we have build 8.078 and it still doesn't work.

The only way to get ist run is to use an external USB CD-Drive and boot the cd from there.

On my other System i have the same SATA DVD-Drive, but a K8Upgrade-NF3 Motherboard with IDE-HD. On this machine it works.

So i guess the problem is booting from SATA-DVD with my Gigabyte motherboard or SATA-HD. I hope someone of Acronis reads this too and can help.

Otherwise i will write to Acronis support.

With regards

Artie

3. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

What buld of TI 11 are you using? If it's not 8053, get that and make another Recovery CD.

Check the sticky messages at the start of this forum, especially the acpi=off noapic message for things to try.

Sometimes the Linux boot disk doesn't have drivers for the latest hardware. In that case, you may need to create a VistaPE boot disk. Search this forum for leads.

4. The Nodder

Artirte & John,
    thanks lots..
    I have the latest version of TI 11, Sorry for forgetting to include it.

I'm off to the "stickies".

Last edited: Mar 24, 2008
  5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello The Nodder and artie,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

6. The Nodder

I'm sorry, I forgot to say that I am using Vista and SP1.
    I don't know if SP1 could be the cause of the CDs not running, I may be wrong but I doubt if SP3 is to blame.

EDIT
    Sorry, I entered SP3 when it should be SP1 for Vista.

Many thanks dbknox for pointing that out.

I am about to install vista on a spare hard drive with nothing else installed, this is to discover if SP1 or the new motherboard is to blame.
    Of course I'll let Acronis know the result and I'll post here.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2008
  7. dbknox

dbknox Registered Member

Sp3 Vista? Is this a misprint? Did you mean XP service pack 3?

8. The Nodder

I've just made a report to ASUS Tech support to find out if they can offer a sugestion.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.