TI 11 Upgrade where enter Serial Number?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by dasym, Sep 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dasym

dasym Registered Member

I've upgraded to version 11, but every time it starts it says I have 15 days to go, and there's nowhere I can find to enter the new serial number. I've tried:

installing over version 10;
    uninstalling and installing from scratch;
    uninstalling and deleting Acronis registry keys (although it still remembered my scheduled tasks) and then installing from scratch.​

All ways I get a message saying the installation was interrupted and that I need to restart the installer again.

Everything seems to be working OK, but obviously in 15 days it's going to stop. How to I enter the serial number?

2. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

You have to go to www.acronis.com an download the registered version. Uninstall the trial version and install the registered version. You can't upgrade the trial version with a serial number.

3. dasym

dasym Registered Member

Thanks for that, thomasjk. My over-enthusiastic email client had removed that link from the upgrade email from Acronis so I thought I could only download the trial version.

4. tlm

tlm Registered Member

I've got the Trial version installed. When I get a registered version, can the backup tasks created using the Trial version be preserved so that they are known to the registered version?

Thanks.

5. shieber

shieber Registered Member

If you do a thorough uninstall, the keys that point to the task files (the *-.tis files, will be lost and to get working tasks you will probably need to recreate them. If if the new install found your tasks, there's a good chance it wouldn't be able to run them correctly. Best to make new tasks unless you're in a situation where you can install over an existing version.

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup software

Installing the full version over the trial one would keep your scheduled tasks, however we recommend to completely uninstall the trial version, install the full one from the scratch and recreate scheduled tasks.

Thank you.

--
    Michael Levchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.