TI 11 restores TI 2009 does not!!! Why

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ddd22, May 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ddd22

ddd22 Registered Member

i have backup archives on an external sata swap box. the backups were written with 2009. when i cd boot with TI 2009 it finds the archives but when I click restore on the selected archive nothing happens (no disk activity). going through the same process with a cd boot with TI 11 everything works fine with NO OTHER changes other than switching to an earlier version. Any ideas whats going on here?

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

If you can actually restore using the CD marked TI11 then you likely have the CDs mislabelled or the archive was written with TI11. TI2009 has a different archive file format and TI11 can't read it. TI2009 can read TI11 formats.

If the above isn't the case, the TI rescue CD is Linux and there are differences in the implementation between TI11 and TI2009. It could be that the TI2009 does not have a suitable driver for your system although usually TI2009 is more likely to have the better driver match but not always.

If it is a Linux driver issue you should contact Acronis via their Live Chat and they will probably send you an .iso file to burn a recovery CD that will support your hardware.

3. ddd22

ddd22 Registered Member

i dont think they are mislabeled. I cannot be certain which version the archive was made with, HOWEVER, 2009 worked a few days back on the same archive doing a restore and then it would not read the archive the next time. that is when I pulled out TI 11. the same thing happened once before in the past also and I had it in my notes to use 11 as a fall back if the reading of the backup failed. why it would work one day and not the next is the peculiarity, especially since version 11 works all the time.

thank you for your reply, much appreciated.

4. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Can you post exactly what the error message was or what happened at what stage that indicated it had failed? It may ring a bell with someone on the forum.

What happens when you boot up the TI2009 recovery CD and try to Validate the archive?

5. ddd22

ddd22 Registered Member

sure. when it was working and i right click on the archive and select restore the drive starts reading the backup and the activity light illuminates. when it is not working and I right click and select restore... there is no activity even though browse found the file. same nothing happens when i select validate. i gave it plenty of time (knowing that the read is fairly long) but it did not even initiate. enter version 11, and the read proceeds without a hitch.
    thanks again.

6. jehosophat

jehosophat Registered Member

Which build of ATI 2009 are you using? (Press the ALT key to see menu to find out your build number.)

The first 2 commonly available ATI 2009 builds were awful and did not work.
    Are you using build 9709 or later?

Does the problem still happen if you use the Acronis Boot Disk as well as when using Windows?

7. ddd22

ddd22 Registered Member

i will get the build info to you when i get back to my computer.
    fyi, it does NOT happen launched from windows but ONLY when using the boot disk, which is of course a major problem following a catastrophic crash.

8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

ddd22, you can let me know your license number via PM, I will provide you with an ISO file to create another Acronis Booting Rescue Media based on an alternate loader.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.