TI 11 Home vs. TI Home 2009

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Betrock, Jan 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Betrock

Betrock Registered Member

I'm REALLY confused! I have a new Vista x64 computer. Have used TI products for quite awhile. I have TI Home 11, and TI 2009 - neither installed as yet. I want to install what will work the best on the new system.

-There seems to be a lot of issues in the Forum w/2009.
    -If you look at Products on Acronis site, they only mention 2009.
    -If you look in the Knowledge Base, they only mention TI 11.

My needs are straight forward:
    -I run a full image backup 1x a month on a schedule, to an external portable drive. No Increments, etc.
    -I have no network, just the one computer.

Any advice, Info or Guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Best Regards to All,
    Betrock

System Info:
    -Vista 64-bit Home Premium
    -320GB Hard Drive (7200rpm)
    -Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo T9400
    -4GB DDR-SDRAM (DDR2-800, 2 GBx2)

Backup Media:
    -Verbatim USB 320GB Portable Hard Drive

2. jmason

jmason Registered Member

I tried TIH 2009 on my new 64 bit Vista Home Premium.

I had problems with schedul.exe files that don't execute unless you prompt them from the Command Prompt. 3 Acronis techs could not solve the problem. (Besides the TIH 2009 all of my applications and Vista features work properly on my new computer.) I've spent spent 5-10 hours trying to get TIH 2009 to backup and restore properly and have requested a refund. I suspect that Acronis outsourced some of the programming of TIH 2009 to overseas engineers, which was a common practice by many software companies in the 1990's, and had resulted in buggy software. I'd recommend passng on TIH 2009 until Acronis gets the bugs out.

3. GFD

GFD Registered Member

I using ulimate x64 and other vista installation and cannot recommend ATI V11 or ATI Home 2009. Please feel free to read this and this

sorry my English

4. Betrock

Thank you both for your responses.

I've been a long time user of ATI backup software, but I believe that with my new Vista system, I will have to use Genie Backup instead.

I've always used both: ATI for monthly image backup; Genie for weekly data backup. I understand their new version runs in Vista and has an Image backup capability.

Hopefully, ATI will get it's act together soon.

Best Regards,
    Betrock

BTW, I contacted ATI Customer Support before getting 2009. They repeatedly assured me that it would work fine on my Vista x64 - never a word about any problems. That seems extremely unkind!

5. rraisley

rraisley Registered Member

I have both ATI 11 and 2009 on my Vista Ultimate pC. I had been running ATI 11, but upgraded to 2009 mostly due to the "Back up on Shutdown" option that was advertised. Turns out that option is not even available on my Vista PC (but IS on the two XP PCs I use it on at work!). But with all the problems with deleted files on the XP PCs, I cannot use, or recommend, ATI 2009 until the problems are fixed with it. If I were you, I'd use 11, until the forums indicate that a fix has really fixed 2009.

6. Betrock

Thanks for the info. I may have to try TI 11.

Update on Genei BU. Well, it doesn't work either!
    Installed it - read the 320 page manual - you have GOT to give them credit for well documented software - and helpful Customer Support - but nothing.

Ran thru the options, chose backup, and it just sat there - no error messages, nothing, just sat. Very disillusioning.

After all the problems I have had w/Vista x64, I just can't face another round of battles to get some software to work - that worked just fine for YEARS under XP!

Aarrgh!!!

7. oldtimercurt

oldtimercurt Registered Member

I've only had my X64 system (Dell XPS430) for a few days. I installed TI 11 and set up a backup location on a 2nd HD. Set up a task for daily full image backup. I put the system in sleep mode when I shut down for the evening. I've been getting my auto started unattended backups. So far, so good.

OTC

8. Betrock

Ok, thanks. I've about worked up my nerve to try it.

I just need ONE thing to work on this system!

9. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis True Image

We released a new build of Acronis True Image Home 2009 (build #9709). Many technical issue have been resolved. Release Notes for Acronis True Image Home 2009 (build 9709) are available here

Betrock, Acronis True Image Home 2009 supports Windows Vista 64-bit.

Thank you.

--

Oleg Lee

10. atih9carlo

atih9carlo Registered Member

Hi ATIH support

if I look at the German website there is only the old update 9646 available!!

Carlo

11. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Carlo,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

We haven't released the new build of German version. We expect it very soon.

Thank you.

--

Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.