TI 11 Boot Disc can't see IDE drives

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Espresso, Sep 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Espresso

Espresso Registered Member

I tried out the bootable True Image 11 disc tonight and noticed that it can only see my SATA/SATA2 drives. I have two IDE drives that don't show up.

ASRock 939DualSATA2 motherboard

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Did they show up with the TI 10 and TI 9 boot CD?

3. Espresso

Espresso Registered Member

Yes. Just before the v11 GUI appears I can see a quick flash of text indicating errors. I did see Sil on a few lines but none of the controllers are by Silicon Image so I'm not sure what they mean. Maybe it's a generic IDE driver. o_O

4. mustang

mustang Developer

When you boot the Recovery CD press F11 when you see the menu. Try entering this in the kernel parameter box "quiet sata_sis=off" without the quotes. There is a list of other parameters you can try in Appendix D at the end of the TI 11 User's Guide.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Espresso,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post. Please also try booting the way mustang suggested.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

Please create Acronis Report, Windows system information and Linux system information (sysinfo26.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.