TI 11 b8.064 Errocode 4.001 (0x140FA1)

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by braingap, Jan 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. braingap

braingap Registered Member

Hi !

After updating TI 11 from build 8.010 to 8.064 I have a critical issue.
    It seems that TI can not access the backup location store correctly.

scenario:
    I manually started a backup-task (full partition image,AES128,normal compression,validation) to the backup location.(I deleted the former location and made a new one after update) The task starts normally,the backup is made but as soon as it comes to validating the task finishes abruptly and no validation is made. In "Management -> Manage Backup locations and Archives" the backup location is shown empty and at doubleclick it points out an error and can not list any elements. But with the explorer I can see that the backup was made and I can access it.

In the logs the it says: error in modul 20 Code 4.001 (0x140FA1) several times at the time there are normally the checks of capacity limit of the backup location and so on. (BTW: Why are these things checked after the backup is done and not before? Or is it only a wrong order in the logs ?)
    After theses errors it seems in the logs as it finishes and everything is normal but as you can see from the very short validation time of 0 seconds the validation did not take place. (see attachment...in German)

It seems that TI can write to the backup location but can not read from it.

Strange is that the statusbar remains green and points out that the backup was sucessfull although it could not be validated and although I can not access the backup location within TI.

The update was done twice. At first time only uninstall of b8.010 via systemcontrol/software and install update. At second time uninstall update via systemcontrol/software with completly removing all directories and registry keys and services manually which remained (WHY is this not done with automatic uninstaller-routine) and install update again. But the error remained.

Any suggestions how I can fix it?

Attached Files:

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello braingap,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Acronis Backup Location limits being checked after backup creation is normal program operation.

Please download the latest version of Acronis drivers and install it with disabled logging.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

- Reinstall Acronis drivers with enabled logging;
    - Reproduce the issue and collect the log file without closing any application windows (including the error message windows if there are any). The log file will be created at C:\ . The name of the log file will be snapapi [date-time].log

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please collect the acronis_backup_place.cfg file from the Acronis Backup Location folder.

Please also collect the application log of the operation:
    - run the program;
    - select Show log on the toolbar or from the Tools menu;
    - select the log with error messages;
    - click "Save the log entry to file" (the diskette icon).

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

3. braingap

Hi again !

Installed latest driver but problem remained. I will send request to Support...

4. braingap

Sometimes the devil is in the details.
    Investigated the issue again and found out that the password protection is the origin of the problem. If a backup is done without any password protection turned on everything functions normal. As soon as turning on the password protection of the archive (even without AES encryption) the problems described above occurs and the backup place is not longer accessible for TI.

With b8.010 password protection functioned.

I installed the latest ACRONIS DRIVER as mentioned above and enabled logging but I did not find any log file.
    More suggestions ?

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello braingap,

Please submit a support request with other requested information, then.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

6. labrador999

labrador999 Registered Member

Hi braingap,

I have exactly the same problem. Did you receive any solution from Acronis ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.