TI 11.0 CAN'T CREATE BOOT CD AND ISO

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by deniz252, Oct 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deniz252

deniz252 Registered Member

Since I had installed TI 10.0 + TI 11.0 Trial, I can’t create bootable CD.

I receive error message:

“E0004000E: Failed to build the bootable media.

İCON4.PNG (0X4000E) Tag=0Xabd2db6b5a02a56b"

I try to leave draw open, to wait till TI close the cover, same problem.

I try to create an ISO file, same issue again.

I try to re install TI several times. Same problem.

I am using Vista Eng. Ver. But regional settings default Language is Turkish.

I try same process in Win XP SP2, same problem!

During I write this post, I thought it could come from while I am using a Win XP EN but regional set to Turkish, so I installed TI into my full English XP SP2 laptop…

SAME PROBLEM! TI 11.0 IS NOT ABLE TO CREATE BOOTABLE RESCUE MEDIA CD OR ISO FILE.

Anyway great works from TI developers, at least people are safe for Vista, if cloned or restored to any other HD, Vista will boot well as without MBR repair.

If that is a necessary case, will use Win Gui instead of Boot CD, it’s little bit uncomfortable but rescues for sure anyway.

I think TI will correct this ASAP. (Hope…) , (Oh please…) , (The have to…) , (Or… guess what?)

Cemil Deniz /CE & MCSP

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Deniz252,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software

We'd like to inform you that the described issue has been fixed in program build 4942. Please make sure you use the latest build (4942) of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

If the issue persists, please submit a request for technical support with the screenshot of the error message and link to this thread attached.
    We will do our best to help you as soon as possible.

3. deniz252

Thhanks for your quick reply.

Your info says:

"issue has been fixed in program build 4942. Please make sure you use the latest build (4942) of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home. "

But I post this issue regarding TI Home V 11.0

Best regards,

Deniz

4. deniz252

Here is the (personal) solution how to build a Bootable Rescue CD:

*Note: You should have at least Acronis 9 or earlier version installed on your system.

1) Remove Acronis True Image 10.0 or 11.0 (But make sure TI 9.1 or earlier versions are still installed)

2) Restart your Windows

3) Copy “C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\MediaBuilder” folder and paste somewhere.

4) Re install TI Home 10.0 or 11.0

5) After rebooting your Windows replace all files in “C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\MediaBuilder” folder with those you copied before.

Now you are able to build Acronis Bootable Rescue CD

Cemil Deniz Ulutan
    CE / MCSP
    eKurumsal

5. CorkyG

CorkyG Registered Member

You indicated you had the trial version of TI 11. Remember - you cannot create rescue medias with a trial version. Period.

Unless you have Vista, stick with 10.

6. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

Not true I tested the V11 trial and was able to create a rescue cd. Its use is limited to performing a restore only.

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello deniz252,

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.

First of all please make sure that you are using a blank unformatted CD-R or CD-RW disc, as other types of media cannot be used to create a bootable rescue CD.

In case you already use blank unformatted CD-R/RW discs please try using the following workarounds:

1. Boot into Safe mode (press F8 when Windows starts up and choose Safe mode to boot into) and then create Acronis True Image Bootable CD.

2. Update any third-party CD-writing software installed on the computer to the latest version available for free on its respective web-site.

3. Uninstall any CD burning software temporarily and then create Acronis True Image Bootable CD.

4. If you use Windows XP please uncheck the "Enable CD recording on this drive" box in the "Recording" tab (to get to this tab please right click on the CD-drive in "My computer" and choose "Properties").

5. One more workaround:

- Eject any disc from the burner prior to starting the program;
    - Proceed until the program asks for a disc;
    - Insert a disc and then click the OK button to close the tray automatically.

In case nothing from the above helps, please collect some diagnostic information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

Please proceed as follows:
    - Run regedit from Start -> Run;
    - Open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Acronis\DebugLogs registry key;
    - Please create the folder DebugLogs if it does not exist yet;
    - Add cdrecord value (Type: DWORD; Data: 1);
    - Please reproduce the problem;
    The cdrecord.log will be created in Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\DebugLogs folder.

Please create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and definitely will provide you with a solution.

Thank you.

Best regards,
    Alexey Bogomolov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.