TI 10 will not recognize usb cd/DVD drives

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by merkelck, Nov 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. merkelck

merkelck Registered Member

I have found that when booting to the recover cd created in TI 10 (bld 4871) the system will not recognize an external usb cd/dvd burner or the internal cd/dvd burner. Both of these drives are recognized when booting normally and using the TI 10 installed in the system. If I go back and boot from the recover cd created using TI 9 everything works fine. I tried to create a second recover cd but got the same results. I contacted Acronis regarding this more than two week ago and never got a reply other than the automated response.

2. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

Whilst you are waiting you can use BartPE as a workaround. Some like it so much they never use the rescue disk again ;)

F.

3. merkelck

Thanks. I will look into that but I had this same problem with either v8 or 9 that prompted a new build. You would think that after buying three versions,
    I could get one that worked.

Kent

4. act8192

act8192 Registered Member

I hope we're talking about the same thing here - the recovery CD made by TI and that I understand the question.
    If so, in v10 when the rescue CD is being made there are two options to click - Full and Safe. In Full mode CD and USB drives are recognized. The only trick is to make sure the USB drive is really ready, so spin it up before rebooting into the recovery CD. It worked very well for me several times now.

5. merkelck

Yes, I understand that. When both are checked, you will get that same choice when you boot to the rescue disk. When I get to that page, I have the correct choices and the splash screen actually displays the information that the full mode supports the external drives. But when I try to do a backup or a restore, the system does not see the external devices. In fact, it does not see the internal cd drive either. Keep in mind, that these same drives are recognized if I boot normally and run v10 from the hard drive installation.
    For the time being I am just using v9 to restore when required.

6. act8192

act8192 Registered Member

In case I sounded self righteous or something, I didn't mean to. I'm just reporting that I totally reformatted a drive and rescued it from the Acronis rescue CD I made where the image sat on a USB drive. Just to make sure the process is reliable, I did it three times now on different days.

That said, there are several posts in this forum about various computers and various USB devices which do not work well. Yours might be one of those :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.