TI 10 v4942 Error: E00040003

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by hiptech, Apr 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hiptech

hiptech Registered Member

Scenario:
    New HP DV6253CL Notebook running Vista Home Premium and booting from TI-10 v4942 rescue disk

Issue:
    Each time I try to create an Image Backup, after 3 different DVD brands and formats DVD-R & DVD+R (NO REWRITEABLES). Keep receiving "E00040003 Error Writing the file. A possible reason may be poor media quality."

I know this has been a problem for some time now, so when is it finally getting fixed!?

Works fine when backing up to external USB HDD, but I'd like to have initial image of OS while still new for emergency using DVDs. When will Acronis get this feature working consistently?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello hiptech,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please clarify if you can successfully burn the image archives to DVD discs when using Acronis True Image under Windows? If not, please create cdrecord.log file the way described in this previous post of mine.

If you experience the issue when booted from Acronis True Image Bootable CD only, then make sure you use blank unformatted DVD disc. Then create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.