TI 10 - Rescue CD still doesn't support wireless mouses

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by 660207, Oct 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 660207

660207 Registered Member

Tested ATI 10 Rescue CD.
    Optical mouses are still not supported.
    ~Non-support related comment removed. - Ron~
    So why isn't Acronis able to make this possible? :thumbd:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2006
  2. LenC

LenC Registered Member

I have a wireless mouse so I want to be sure I understand your concern. Can't I just plug in a corded mouse when I am running off the rescue cd?

3. 660207

660207 Registered Member

Sure, you can do that. But it seems to me nonprofessional that I have to change my mouse to use a modern software product. As I wrote ... I don't know any other imagesoftware that have these problems.

4. LenC

LenC Registered Member

660207 -

Good point!

Actually though, I have a microsoftintelliMouse Explorer 2.0 and it is operational when I boot from the rescue CD. So I guess the problem is not universal. (This is a pretty old mouse - purchased 2+ years ago.)

5. 660207

660207 Registered Member

I'm working with a Logitech Cordless MouseMan Optical. After booting from the CD, at first, everything is normal. I can choose the mode but after that, when TI is loading the "Linux-Mode", there are only two directions: up and down - no left or right.

6. Mascot

Mascot Registered Member

For what it's worth, I've used the TI rescue CD with two different (Microsoft) cordless mice and it worked fine with both.

7. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

I used the Acronis Resuce CD with Microsoft wireless Intellimouse Explorer (very old mouse) to create and restore images many times with no problems.

8. SSK

SSK Registered Member

Logitech MX1000 wireless mouse: no problem here :)

If it is of any help, I connected my mouse by USB.

9. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

The confusing thing about the wireless mouse is; 1. Some Logitech mice work and others don't - part of the problem may be install specific.

2. Confusingly they did work at one time with the TI CD - for me it was when Acronis solved a different problem for other people that the mouse problem sprung up.

Early versions of DD10 (before the ability to make one master CD for all Acronis programs) would work with my Logitech DiNova mouse, as did TI, then when the master CD facility came out TI stopped mouse working as described, DD still worked - with the next release of DD both had the same problem.

The USBMOUSE=OFF does solve the problem as does booting into CD safe mode - Acronis do have an image with the USBMOUSE=OFF embedded into it.

The only problem is, that with each new upgrade/version, Acronis have to be asked to provide a new image.

What might be of help to Acronis, so thay they can find out what broke when they changed the rescue CD, is to perhaps find out which type of Wireless our mouse are using - Logitech produce - Bluetooth method and standard wireless. Whilst they are both wireless, the packet of information transmitted will be different, so may be the different mouse drivers might explain some Logitech wireless mice working and others not.

My DiNova is standard wireless.

Colin

10. wardell1

wardell1 Registered Member

Hello All- I encountered the same problem with my Logitech's MX3000/MX600 cordless keyboard/mouse. Your conclusion that the Rescue cd doesnot support wireless mice is correct at this time. However,you can work around this problem by connecting your Receiver to the PS/2 connection. The problem was corrected for PS/2 connections and should be corrected for USB 1.1/2.0 in a later build. This works very well for me. I don't believe you can go into Setup with a USB connection either. If not,the PS/2 connection applies to it also. Good luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.