TI 10 Reboots When Backing Up

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by frunobulax, Feb 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. frunobulax

frunobulax Registered Member

I'm running XP x64 on a Gigabyte GA-P965-DS3 motherboard and Intel Conroe Core2 Duo E6400.

I have the latest build of TI 10 (4940). The rescue CD made from this version seems to works just fine, but I can't get this program to work in the XP x64 environment. Whenever I try to do a backup or restore operation, the operation progress bar doesn't move and after a minute or so the computer reboots. Email backup results in the same rebooting. This is very frustrating, as I have been a happy TI customer for a few years, and I'd like to be one again.

Is anyone else having this problem besides me?

Thanks in advance!

2. frunobulax

3. symbiote

symbiote Registered Member

well you're not the only one,
    yeah i have the same problem. first i thought it was only on my system partition/disk but its even doing it now on my USB connected disk

it reboots instantly. i had other problems but this is obviously the worst, its unusable now. reinstalling didn't help , probably because it keeps all of its settings. :shifty:

when i make an backup image at boot up (not in windows) then everything goes fine... i'm thinking about reinstalling windows but i think thats hardly a solution.

its very disappointing. :rolleyes:

4. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

I suggest you guys raise a support request. You are unlikely to get much joy from Acronis for a couple of weeks via the forum.

F.

5. frunobulax

I think I may have found the solution, and I am rather embarrassed -- I have my dual core system overclocked to a fare-thee-well. I set the cpu back to stock speed and all seems to be well. TI 10 seems to be the only software on my system that has issues with this, but what the hey...:)

6. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

Well that's good of you to post back what the problem was. No need to be embarassed. We've all been there at one time or another. :cool: :cool:

7. frunobulax

Yes, but that should have been the first thing I checked. I don't deserve to live...:)

8. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

Relax. That's life. The main thing is you are sorted.

F.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.