TI 10 - Install froze / NO UNINSTALL in Control Panel !

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Tadoussac, Dec 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tadoussac

Tadoussac Registered Member

I need some help. I tried to install the TI 10 trial version (on XP Pro SP2). During installation process, the install program froze up. I tried to install a 2nd time on top of the original installation, but it froze at the same point.

Now, I have a bad installation (that I want to remove), and NO UNINSTALL link in Control Panel - which isn't a good thing.

I don't have an XP Restore Point, but I use ERUNT (thank goodness) and I have a copy of my registry that was backed-up prior to the failed installation of True Image 10. Before I restore the registry, I'd like to manually remove all the files that TI 10 placed on my system.

Other than in C:\Program Files\Acronis\ - where else on the hard drive does this program dump files? Can anyone help me find a complete list and paths of the files I need to manually remove?

Thanks

2. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

It it were me, I would attempt to re-install the trial version. Turn off as many programs as possible in your systray beforehand.

Then, use the normal un-install to get remove the trial program.
    Then, restore your original registry using Erunt.

Or,
    Simply restore using Erunt,
    and then delete the c:\program\acronis folder.
    Erunt will restore your original registry and getting rid of the files folder will take care of the files so you should have no residue left over.

3. CatFan432

CatFan432 Registered Member

TI 10 installed in these locations on my system:
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis
    C:\Program Files\Acronis
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis

4. Tadoussac

GroverH and CatFan432 - Problem SOLVED.

Thanks so much for your responses!

I wasn't able to finish the installation of TI-10, no matter how many running programs I closed - so the only solution was to run ERUNT and restore my older pre-Acronis registry. Once that was done, I was able to delete the folders that CatFan432 identified.

Now I have a clean system again. Thanks !

(What still remains unresolved is why True Image 10 refused to install properly on my system - but at this point, I am very reluctant to try it again.)

5. CatFan432

CatFan432 Registered Member

6. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

This is a perfect Catch 22. What you need is an image of your system made just before the bad installation. You could restore that and try again. That's exactly what TrueImage can do for you in the future.

Do you have any USB or Firewire devices attached to your comptuter? Any USB hubs? If so unplug them (with the exception of a keyboard and mouse) and try the installation again.

7. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

Thanks CatFan432 to the addition/correction of the additional file locations.

Tadoussac,
    I find Urunt very helpful. It autoruns each morning and each bootup. I regularly move the accumulated ERD folders onto DVD for retention. It works much better than the xp system restore.

As to why it did not install is another story. What is our system cpu specs and do you have an other similar restoration programs. What anti-virus/spyware programs are you running? It's too early to give up. Merry Christmas.

8. Tadoussac

It's nice to see so many people encouraging me to get TI-10 installed despite my earlier problems.

Here's my system:

ThinkPad R40 laptop - Pentium M
    1Gb RAM
    20Gb HDD
    WinXP Pro SP2
    No other hardware attached - except for a mounted external NDAS network hard drive (N:\) which is attached to my router, and is the intended backup drive for my TI image.

Security App's:
    AV: AntiVir Personal Edition Classic ver. 7
    FW: Comodo ver. 2.3.6.81
    HIPS: Cyberhawk ver 1.2.0

OK ..... I tried another installation of True Image 10. This time, I disabled all 3 security app's before I started the installation. Unfortunately, the installation froze again.

Then (after restoring everything), I tried it again - except this time I unmounted the NDAS drive before installing True Image 10. In this iteration, the installation stopped with an error message (Drive N: not found). I didn't have to restore my registry - but of course, TI is still not installed on the system.

I might try it one more time - except this time after unregistering the N:\ network drive in XP, and removing the NDAS software from my system - and putting everything back after TI-10 is installed.

Anyone else out there using a network drive and NDAS (from ximeta.com) software ? I suspect this setup has some compatibility issues with Acronis TI.

Thanks all.

9. como

como Registered Member

Last edited: Dec 22, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.