TI 10 Home Somewhat Slower than 9?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bulldog356, Dec 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bulldog356

bulldog356 Registered Member

First: Despite the misgivings I had previously expressed in this forum about TI 10 Home, I went ahead and installed the program. I'm not too ashamed to say: I was wrong. I actually like TI 10 even more than 9.

One thing I have noticed so far: TI 10 seems to be slower at creating an image than TI 9. I wonder if others have experienced this as well.

A little background: I did a clean install of TI 10 instead of upgrading. (The uninstall of 9 left very little behind, basically empty folders which I deleted anyway.) After the install I setup my scheduled backup tasks exactly as I did in TI 9. I only make 'full' images (i.e., not differentials or incrementals) and I do tell the program to verify the archive after its creation.

If others have noticed that 10 is somewhat slower than 9, then I'll presume that's just the way it is and not be concerned about it.

2. CatFan432

CatFan432 Registered Member

I've noticed no substantial difference in the actual creation of an image, or restoring one, since going to V10. If you're using automatic validation along with Backup Locations, that add drastically to the total time, as it will validate all images in the Backup Location each time you create a new image. -CF

3. bulldog356

Thanks CatFan:

I used automatic validation in TI 9 as well, so my sense of slowness is an apples-to-apples comparison. The only difference with TI 10 is that I'm imaging to a Backup Location...I wonder if something about Backup Locations makes it feel slower.

In any case, thanks for the info that TI validates the entire Backup Location every time. That will definitely slow things down. Perhaps I shouldnt use Backup Locations.

4. CatFan432

CatFan432 Registered Member

Bulldog,

I think the Backup Location feature is a wonderful addition to TI, offering a lot of features that the SZ did on previous versions, with some added pluses, such as the ability to copy an image out of the location at any time, and the ability to set up several different backup locations with different parameters for backups. Also the feature is not limited to one HD, as the SZ is. I have backup locations set up on both internal and external HDs.

It's always hard to tell for sure from a reply from Acronis Support, but based on such a reply or two I'm somewhat hopeful that the multiple validation will not be a part of the next release. -CF

5. bulldog356

Hello again:

Thanks for all your help. Happy Holidays!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.