TI 10 Home pricing

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by twl845, Apr 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I see at the Acronis home page that TI 10 Home is listed at $49.99. This morning I see an ad in Staples (New York) for 25% off regular price of $39.99 on sale for $29.99. What's the real regular price?:)
    I haven't done any research yet so will you please answer a probable stupid question? When you do an image backup, you put your back up on an external HD or CD's I would assume. How much disk space do you actually use on your computer for everything in the ATI 10? Thanks in advance :)

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

If you're a member of a Computer Club you can probably get it for even less. The regular price is however much the vendor can get out of you. :rolleyes: .
    I think most users, including myself, keep Backup Images on an external drive. You can use optical media, but if the image size is such that it will be split over more than 3 dvds I would not advise using dvd (and certainly never cd). Not only is it much slower than a hard drive, but when it comes to restoring an image you'll be swapping those dvds in and out forever. Someone else called it the dvd shuffle. :D

3. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

And even worse, you need to store and handle those CDs/DVDs. One scratch and your data is gone for good. Even worse still, using optical media tends to mean that you have to be there when your automated backup kicks in so that you can swap the disks. Much better to use an external drive and let this happen while you are fast asleep :D

F.

4. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

check out www.newegg.com
    For those only needing an upgrade from ? to 10, the download price is $19.99

5. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Dwndrty, I was using DVDs but recently bought an external drive. Much better. I asked my question to verify that I could use an external on ATI as well.

6. LenC

LenC Registered Member

Acronis's real price on their website is 10% off of $49.99. If you start entering your order and then cancel out, their system (digital river) will offer you an immediate 10% discount if you will continue the order. After purchase, you'll also get (as I recall) an email offer of 20% off your next purchase from digital river

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello twl845 and everyone interested,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that the price for Acronis Products can vary between one seller and another since different resellers have they one price policy. We would recommend that the make sure that the particular retail store/reseller is authorized Acronis resellers. The list of authorized Acronis resellers can be found on our web-site.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.