TI 10 Home Bootloader?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by seekermeister, Apr 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seekermeister

seekermeister Registered Member

I'm still trying to figure out how best to use this software, before making any changes in my system. I have a multiboot system, with 2 Windows OSs and 1 Linux OS. From discussions that I have had elsewhere, it sounds as though that bootloader used by the system recovery is not permanent and will erase the MBR. Is this true? Obviously, the bootloader is critical for the operations of the systems. I know how to restore these, but I want something that will work when I want it to.

2. seekermeister

3. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

When you say, "bootloader used by the system recovery .." do you mean the Acronis recovery process? If you do not activate the Acronis Startup Recovery Manager (and there is no need to do so) then your MBR will be untouched.

4. seekermeister

Understood, but the idea of using it does have what appears to be advantages. But, as I said, I'm still trying to figure out how to best use the program. If I don't use the recovery process, then I would have to rely on backup CDs...or is there another option?

5. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

You might want to check the thread

Acronis Secure Zone & Startup Recovery Manager

You can access it thru Useful Forum Threads shown in my signature.

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello seekermeister,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please note that as it was mentioned by DwnNdrty the MBR modifies only when Acronis Startup Recovery Manger is activated.

Please also note that Acronis Startup Recovery Manager provides the same functionality as the full version of Acronis True Image when booted from bootable rescue CD.

I would also recommend that you have a look at this previous post, which describes how to have Acronis Startup Recovery Manager and GRUB boot loader activated at the same time.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

7. seekermeister

I have been studying up, and it appears that the concensus is that ASRM is not soedmething that would serve me very well...at least until I better know what I'm doing.

I just ordered the Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0, because of a mention that it includes the Acronis OS selector, but now I'm wondering if with that installed, if it would face the same issue of being wiped out using the ASRM? Or for that matter, will the same thing happen when restoring from a CD?

Last edited: Apr 29, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.