TI 10 fail to install

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by TomL, Sep 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TomL

TomL Registered Member

In June I purchased the upgrade from V-8 to V-10 but was unable to install V10. I would get the following message: " The installation was interrupted before Acronis True Image could be installed. You need to restart the installer to try again." Has anyone seen this problem? After working with Acronis support I gave up. Has any one found a fix or know if Acronis has fixed the problem. I have talked to others on another forum that have had this problem and had to go back to previous version.

Tom

2. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

I'd suggest downloading the latest version of the windows installer http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=889482FC-5F56-4A38-B838-DE776FD4138C&displaylang=en
    and running the install again.

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Tom,

If that doesn't help, have you tried manually uninstalling TI 8.0 as per these Acronis Support instruction as well as also deleting your Temporary Internet Files prior to carrying out the new install?

Regards

Menorcaman

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello TomL,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please let us know your Acronis request number (e.g. [Acronis #123456]) which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter? We will find out how the investigation of your issue is going. If you have not received an autoreply then please send us a Private Message containing your e-mail address.

In the meantime, please try what thomasjk and Menorcaman suggested - that's the solution that usually helps in such situations.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

5. TomL

TomL Registered Member

Thank you all for you suggestions. I will try when time prevails. the Acronis # is 1037213. I did get a refund for Ver. 10 and went back to Ver. 8. I like TI so well that I really do want to find/resolve the problem so I can upgrade. I will update when I have tried your suggestions.

Tom

6. TomL

TomL Registered Member

Version 11 came out before I could due any more testing so I tried it. It tested OK so I purchased the upgrade. I'll never know what my problem was with V 10.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.